Strategic Fundraising

www.strategicfundraising.com
  www.strategicfundraising.com
There are newer employer reviews for Strategic Fundraising

Honest, ethical, meaningful-but not easy

Current Employee - Professional Fundraiser  in  Springfield, MO
Current Employee - Professional Fundraiser in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Strategic Fundraising full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The job is consistent and steady-I know what to expect day in and day out. They treat me fairly and while some of the policies are ticky tack, they seem to exist for reasons that mostly make sense. They allow me to dress comfortably at work, but they did ding me for my flip flops. I've worked at other call centers where my bonus isn't ever attainable and I can honestly say that when I work harder and get on a roll, my bonus reflects that. They also raise money for non profit organizations like Operation Smile, Feeding America, and Prison Fellowship Ministries-which are all really awesome organizations and fun to know that you are playing an active roll in helping people that need the help.

Events are pretty fun. They've done barbeque's, pizza, recognition for someone that hit a large number of money raised. Picnics and Christmas gigs. Those are decent with free food and some funny awards.

Management is very real-normal human beings that you can talk to and not feel like they are looking down on you. It feels like they row right along with you because they have all been in that position before.

There is a new bonus and it rocks in comparison to the old system. I expected it to get "nixed", but it seems like they are going to keep it as company policy. This is really lucrative to those that raise lots of money.

Free coffee is nice too. Building is fairly newer in renovation, so it's not nasty-the work space is pretty well maintained. Every time we ran out of something, they were happy to replenish (Kleenex, papertowls or plates). I've never worked anywhere that had free popcorn or regular breaks. Some call centers make me get a sale before I get a break, but that never happened at Strategic.

I like that I'm a Professional Fundraiser and not "just" another Telemarketer.

All in all-it's a good work environment.

Cons

It is politically driven, so if you aren't into politics-this job could be your worst nightmare. The base pay feels low for this type of work, and I get minimum wage for breaks. I will say that since I'm not working, it's not the end of the world-but it seems like a cheap move to only pay minimum wage for a break or lunch.

The temperature is sometimes hotter than what I'd expect in an indoor job. Not sure if there are AC issues, but seems to be the case.

I get rolled alot from one list to another. Some people like variety, but I don't like that much change in my work day. So-one minute I'm calling for a Republican cause and the next minute, I'm calling for a non profit.

Consider paying more for non production time-as I'm sure you come off as "cheap" to those that are coming through the doors. Figure out the temperature AC issue for your Fundraisers.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Strategic Fundraising (View Most Recent)

Great Experience, It honed my verbal Sales skills

Former Employee - Professional Fundraiser (PFR)  in  Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Professional Fundraiser (PFR) in Springfield, MO

I worked at Strategic Fundraising

Pros

Great Choice of hours,
    Compensated for consistent fundraising skills
    Continual training from your team leaders
    Fun community to work within with in office games, and lunchtime social events like company sponsored grill outs during the lunch hour

Cons

You get Cussed out by customers frequently
    Lots of disappointment
    Continual rejection
    You stare at a screen for however long you work

Get better lighting and paint the walls a lighter shade to increase your fundraisers ability to deal with rejection by having a fun filled bright workplace

Not too bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Strategic Fundraising

Pros

You get to set your own hours which is great, but this is not a place that I'd want to work long term.

Cons

You do the same thing over and over again. It gets fairly boring! Also, a lot of people have been complaining lately about their checks being wrong.

Keep up the enthusiasm. For the most part, you guys do a great job. You should probably look at promoting some more females.

There are newer employer reviews for Strategic Fundraising

Worked for Strategic Fundraising? Contribute to the Community!