Strategic Fundraising

www.strategicfundraising.com

It's Okay - Barely - For This Type of Work

Professional Fundraiser (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsPays a little better than many call centers.

They allow some flexibility in scheduling.

ConsA LOT of turnover. You know there's something wrong with a place when they start new employee training classes every week or two, and there's still plenty of cubicles left for them to use.

PETTY employee policies. Examples include a point system for disciplinary purposes ("offenses" can include taking too long in the restroom); changing your pay rate to the minimum-wage level for the morning pep talk, coaching and review sessions, and your 10-minute break; and now having to check your messages, schedule makeup time (if needed), etc. BEFORE you can clock in. I think that also may be illegal under wage and hour statutes.

Only the select few get to advance. And we recently found out that new hires (yes, LESS experience people) are making $2 more per hour than those of us who are veterans.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the same rate for all work-related activities. Make the benefits better. And work at making people better even more than you do now.

Honest, ethical, meaningful-but not easy

Professional Fundraiser (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

I have been working at Strategic Fundraising full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The job is consistent and steady-I know what to expect day in and day out. They treat me fairly and while some of the… Cons: It is politically driven, so if you aren't into politics-this job could be your worst nightmare. The base pay feels low for this type of… Advice to Senior Management: Consider paying more for non production time-as I'm sure you come off as "cheap" to those… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Experience, It honed my verbal Sales skills

Professional Fundraiser (PFR) (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

I worked at Strategic Fundraising

Pros: Great Choice of hours, Compensated for consistent fundraising skills Continual training from your team leaders Fun community to work within… Cons: You get Cussed out by customers frequently Lots of disappointment Continual rejection You… Advice to Senior Management: Get better lighting and paint the walls a lighter shade to increase your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Strategic Fundraising.

Worked for Strategic Fundraising? Contribute to the Community!