There are newer employer reviews for Stratford University

The Best

Former Employee - IT Help Desk Student Worker and Alumni in McLean, VA
Former Employee - IT Help Desk Student Worker and Alumni in McLean, VA

I worked at Stratford University part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and good guidance

Cons

Make you work more than necessary

reviews filtered by

Poor management, low standards, high turnover, best people leave.

Former Contractor - Adjunct Faculty in Falls Church, VA
    Former Contractor - Adjunct Faculty in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Stratford University as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is at least average for Adjunct work in the DC area. Some limited freedom to develop your own curriculum if none is present.
    Work alternative hours.

Cons

No curriculum resources - must build course from scratch (which is also a pro, except you are paid on a fixed rate contract that is insufficient to cover developing a proper undergraduate class).
    Badly managed campus in terms of terrible communication (read: None from leadership until you press them for information, then get told easily verifiable lies. Why? Never have I worked in a place so badly managed.)

This could be a good place to work, but I experienced bad leadership handoffs, saw the few people I respected leave, and was treated very badly by an incredibly incompetent Dean.

Miserable Place To Work

Former Employee - Instructor in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Instructor in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Stratford University part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of and still fulfill the 20 word minimum requirement for this box is that it's in Baltimore.

Cons

The place is managed like a fast food restaurant. They use intimidation, childlish cliques, mandatory volunteering, theft of ideas, taking undue credit, and the "verbal warning, written warning, termination" strategy for professional development. Respected instructors disappear without explanation from management. They treat credentialed and certified professionals with decades of experience like they're fry cooks.

Management should focus on the students rather than their wallets. This place is headed down the same path as Baltimore International College because nobody will hire graduates from a mercenary admissions system and a quickie curriculum that yields uninspired and confused graduates.

There are newer employer reviews for Stratford University