Stream Global Services

www.stream.com
  www.stream.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services

All that glitters is not gold..or my time at Stream (AT&T Contract side)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Ping Pong Tables
-Pool Tables
-Weekly Food Vendors (Monday-Friday)
-Open Snack area (Where you can purchase several different types drinks,fruits,sandwiches etc)
-A Weekly Pay Check
-A sometimes maybe commission check
-A 40hr work week
-Looks nice at first
-Step up from work at a fly by night call center.
-It's a job
-They hire just about anyone
-Really easy interview
-You can wear jeans and T-shirts on the weekends
-Random Food events that are usually two weeks after the fact.
-Random Prizes
-Pandora Radio

Cons

-Random Training that is often at times a repeat of sometime you just learned last month and no real explanation on why there is another training with a slight variant twist to it.
-Managers that are horrible on giving feedback. If you present them with facts or ask for help they say they will get back to you and just keep the ball rolling at you.
-When someone asks to speak to a manager you literally have to find a manager. (Hope your not on the night shift where they are taking a "smoke break")
-Very few Managers that actually care about you or the people on the phones.
-A very high number of Managers quit during my tenure there. (Yes, not just regular employees they quit or get fired faster then I just typed this sentence.)
-Upper Management that admits they are control freaks and causes chaos with the Managers. (Helps explain the last bit ;) )
-So-So benefits
-Raises (Not going to happen here)
-Pretty much stuck with your shift (Never really explained if you can ever bid on a new one)
-They will fire you if you miss to much time. (Regardless if you even went to the hospital and have proof)
-They actually want you to talk longer. (Not sure if this a Pro or a Con...just weird really)
-Pandora Radio (That plays way to much bad Rap music)
-It is a Contract job for this company they can (do not believe if they tell you anything different) lose this contract and your job be gone the next time. It has happened with other contracts with them.
-No real clear focus for the company
-Very strict in regards to phones and personal items. (They will tell it's the client to blame but the manager will break the same rules as they tell you this.

Find another place to work. Save yourself while you still can. Do your time and follow the lead of the rest.

402 Other Employee Reviews for Stream Global Services (View Most Recent)

Stay Away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is much like any other call center in the area, its easy to get hired as long as you have a pulse and you can type some what effectively. They are pretty straight forward with their attendance policy and hold to it no matter what. You get the points, you get fired, so you know what to expect right from the beginning.

Cons

pay too low for what you do, managers play favorites, too many cliques, people don't shower enough. Split days off is hard to maintain for an extended period of time.

Give people two days off in a row and they will probably be more likely to stay

They just want to fill chairs with bodies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company will hire just about anyone and they pay a little bit above medium wage. People generally seem nice.

Cons

They seem to just want to fill bodies with chairs. It can feel like being in lock down in a prison. You aren't allowed to bring in laptops, ereaders, tablets, cell phones or usb cords. You also aren't allowed to have paper or writing utensils. They state this is because of client requirements to ensure we don't steal information. However we are limited in our ability to do so called product research because of employee theft. Training is horribly disorganized and it took several days for the groups of new employees to get the different logins we all needed. After a week and a half we still don't have all the logins we need.

Get training more organized, then it won't take so long and won't cost as much money. Improve your hiring process and increase pay some so you get higher quality employees that won't steal from you or your clients. Allow your employees to have their cell phones and charge them in the office. This is such a small thing that would make people much happier.

There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services