Stream Global Services

www.stream.com

All that glitters is not gold..or my time at Stream (AT&T Contract side)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Pros-Ping Pong Tables
-Pool Tables
-Weekly Food Vendors (Monday-Friday)
-Open Snack area (Where you can purchase several different types drinks,fruits,sandwiches etc)
-A Weekly Pay Check
-A sometimes maybe commission check
-A 40hr work week
-Looks nice at first
-Step up from work at a fly by night call center.
-It's a job
-They hire just about anyone
-Really easy interview
-You can wear jeans and T-shirts on the weekends
-Random Food events that are usually two weeks after the fact.
-Random Prizes
-Pandora Radio

Cons-Random Training that is often at times a repeat of sometime you just learned last month and no real explanation on why there is another training with a slight variant twist to it.
-Managers that are horrible on giving feedback. If you present them with facts or ask for help they say they will get back to you and just keep the ball rolling at you.
-When someone asks to speak to a manager you literally have to find a manager. (Hope your not on the night shift where they are taking a "smoke break")
-Very few Managers that actually care about you or the people on the phones.
-A very high number of Managers quit during my tenure there. (Yes, not just regular employees they quit or get fired faster then I just typed this sentence.)
-Upper Management that admits they are control freaks and causes chaos with the Managers. (Helps explain the last bit ;) )
-So-So benefits
-Raises (Not going to happen here)
-Pretty much stuck with your shift (Never really explained if you can ever bid on a new one)
-They will fire you if you miss to much time. (Regardless if you even went to the hospital and have proof)
-They actually want you to talk longer. (Not sure if this a Pro or a Con...just weird really)
-Pandora Radio (That plays way to much bad Rap music)
-It is a Contract job for this company they can (do not believe if they tell you anything different) lose this contract and your job be gone the next time. It has happened with other contracts with them.
-No real clear focus for the company
-Very strict in regards to phones and personal items. (They will tell it's the client to blame but the manager will break the same rules as they tell you this.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind another place to work. Save yourself while you still can. Do your time and follow the lead of the rest.

Pay is decent

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Must admit that my pay rate is good and acceptable Cons: Management skills and hiring scheme is extremely suspect........ If you are from Asia (India, etc) then you have a great job career....... if not? … Advice to Senior Management: Better oversight of local managers MUST be leveraged. Hiring… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Stay Away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for less than a year

Pros: The company is much like any other call center in the area, its easy to get hired as long as you have a pulse and… Cons: pay too low for what you do, managers play favorites, too many cliques, people don't… Advice to Senior Management: Give people two days off in a row and they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Stream Global Services.

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!