Stream Global Services

www.stream.com
  www.stream.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services

Only if you can't find anything else

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR
Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Product - I loved being able to talk video games all day
Fun co-workers - My teammates were great
A few decent managers - My immediate manager was great, too bad he was only there during my shift about 30% of the time

Cons

Pay- I was there over a year and left making the same amount I did when I started despite being "promoted" to other areas of service. The pay is already well below other call center jobs in the area. I was actually making more money while I was receiving unemployment benefits from Netflix than I did working for Stream!
Benefits/HR - The benefit plan offered isn't that great and their HR department is a hot mess. I left 9 months ago and am STILL working with them to sort out issues that were supposed to be fixed in January (They recorded the wrong SS# for me DESPITE having a copy of my card on file!)
Structure/Consistency - I was "demoted" from my specialty role due them not providing me with adequate training yet they demoted me the same day I was training another agent for that very role they demoted me from! AND THEY HAD ME CONTINUE TRAINING HIM FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK! When I returned to work the next week, I was raised back up again however I didn't receive any additional training the week I was demoted. Are you confused? I was!

Also, this is a job where you are just a number. The majority of your call coachings will come from people in the Philippines whom you will never meet or chat with.

Happy employees = less attrition = less training of new people = more money. Why not just pay the employees you have more to keep them then to keep training hordes of new people?

402 Other Employee Reviews for Stream Global Services (View Most Recent)

Pay is decent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Must admit that my pay rate is good and acceptable

Cons

Management skills and hiring scheme is extremely suspect........ If you are from Asia (India, etc) then you have a great job career....... if not? well, go to work there and find out how bad it can be. my manager is now from somewhere in India and is difficult to work with; believe purposefully.

Better oversight of local managers MUST be leveraged. Hiring policy of experience vs. ethnicity is unbelieveable.

All that glitters is not gold..or my time at Stream (AT&T Contract side)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Ping Pong Tables
    -Pool Tables
    -Weekly Food Vendors (Monday-Friday)
    -Open Snack area (Where you can purchase several different types drinks,fruits,sandwiches etc)
    -A Weekly Pay Check
    -A sometimes maybe commission check
    -A 40hr work week
    -Looks nice at first
    -Step up from work at a fly by night call center.
    -It's a job
    -They hire just about anyone
    -Really easy interview
    -You can wear jeans and T-shirts on the weekends
    -Random Food events that are usually two weeks after the fact.
    -Random Prizes
    -Pandora Radio

Cons

-Random Training that is often at times a repeat of sometime you just learned last month and no real explanation on why there is another training with a slight variant twist to it.
    -Managers that are horrible on giving feedback. If you present them with facts or ask for help they say they will get back to you and just keep the ball rolling at you.
    -When someone asks to speak to a manager you literally have to find a manager. (Hope your not on the night shift where they are taking a "smoke break")
    -Very few Managers that actually care about you or the people on the phones.
    -A very high number of Managers quit during my tenure there. (Yes, not just regular employees they quit or get fired faster then I just typed this sentence.)
    -Upper Management that admits they are control freaks and causes chaos with the Managers. (Helps explain the last bit ;) )
    -So-So benefits
    -Raises (Not going to happen here)
    -Pretty much stuck with your shift (Never really explained if you can ever bid on a new one)
    -They will fire you if you miss to much time. (Regardless if you even went to the hospital and have proof)
    -They actually want you to talk longer. (Not sure if this a Pro or a Con...just weird really)
    -Pandora Radio (That plays way to much bad Rap music)
    -It is a Contract job for this company they can (do not believe if they tell you anything different) lose this contract and your job be gone the next time. It has happened with other contracts with them.
    -No real clear focus for the company
    -Very strict in regards to phones and personal items. (They will tell it's the client to blame but the manager will break the same rules as they tell you this.

Find another place to work. Save yourself while you still can. Do your time and follow the lead of the rest.

There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services