Some great managers, some horrible contracts

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Beaverton, OR
Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you have a good manager, and you're on a good contract, you're golden. The pay is low, but it's pretty much industry-standard for call center work.

Cons

Some racist and homophobic trainers, lack of managerial support due to team allocation, no/poor raises, low starting pay for semi-skilled technical positions. Frequent mandatory OT during holiday/high-volume seasons. Lack of scheduling support for people limited to public transportation.

Pay attention to your employees and try to be both approachable and understandable. Don't coddle the ones slacking off/creating hostile work environments.

Other Reviews for Stream Global Services

My experience working for Stream Global

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are not any pros.

Cons

No raises or annual reviews. They gave current employees a pay cut when they took over eTelecare. Don't care about employees at all.

Need to care about the employees more.

Only if you can't find anything else

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Product - I loved being able to talk video games all day
    Fun co-workers - My teammates were great
    A few decent managers - My immediate manager was great, too bad he was only there during my shift about 30% of the time

Cons

Pay- I was there over a year and left making the same amount I did when I started despite being "promoted" to other areas of service. The pay is already well below other call center jobs in the area. I was actually making more money while I was receiving unemployment benefits from Netflix than I did working for Stream!
    Benefits/HR - The benefit plan offered isn't that great and their HR department is a hot mess. I left 9 months ago and am STILL working with them to sort out issues that were supposed to be fixed in January (They recorded the wrong SS# for me DESPITE having a copy of my card on file!)
    Structure/Consistency - I was "demoted" from my specialty role due them not providing me with adequate training yet they demoted me the same day I was training another agent for that very role they demoted me from! AND THEY HAD ME CONTINUE TRAINING HIM FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK! When I returned to work the next week, I was raised back up again however I didn't receive any additional training the week I was demoted. Are you confused? I was!

Also, this is a job where you are just a number. The majority of your call coachings will come from people in the Philippines whom you will never meet or chat with.

Happy employees = less attrition = less training of new people = more money. Why not just pay the employees you have more to keep them then to keep training hordes of new people?

There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services.

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!