There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services

Some great managers, some horrible contracts

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR
Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you have a good manager, and you're on a good contract, you're golden. The pay is low, but it's pretty much industry-standard for call center work.

Cons

Some racist and homophobic trainers, lack of managerial support due to team allocation, no/poor raises, low starting pay for semi-skilled technical positions. Frequent mandatory OT during holiday/high-volume seasons. Lack of scheduling support for people limited to public transportation.

Pay attention to your employees and try to be both approachable and understandable. Don't coddle the ones slacking off/creating hostile work environments.

397 Other Employee Reviews for Stream Global Services (View Most Recent)

Update on "So far so Good"

Current Employee - Software Support Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Software Support Representative in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I work with. i have met some super awesome friends here.

Cons

Where should I start? First, we had terrible training, Did not find this out until we went out onto the floor. No troubleshooting training. We only learned the software program slightly. But we are supposed to take calls and "fake it 'til we make it" Customers know when you do not know what you are doing and you are putting them on hold with every question. Absolutely need more role playing activities to learn how to navigate and ask the right probing questions. Second, the pay is horrible, it may be above the minimum wage, but it sure feels like it. Being an older person, it does not pay for living at all. If you are single it still does not pay enough, you have to have a spouse, roommate, etc. The there is the time off, you do not start accruing any sick/vacation time until you have been there 6 (six) months. I don't mean that you accrue it but not be able to use it for 6 months, you don;t start earning it or have the ability to use it for 6 months. Lame! And we are required to do mandatory overtime, which is fine except, the email telling us we had to do it came through at 10 p.m. the evening before we were to start it. We ALL are gone by 7 p.m. So it was the day of....not cool. Some people need more time than that to arrange their life around the overtime.

You need to raise the pay by quite a bit for the job we do, and look at how your employees are being treated. Right now....no respect for us.

My experience working for Stream Global

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are not any pros.

Cons

No raises or annual reviews. They gave current employees a pay cut when they took over eTelecare. Don't care about employees at all.

Need to care about the employees more.

There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services