There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services

Great place for the experience and travel..nothing more

Former Employee - Trainer in Watertown, NY
Former Employee - Trainer in Watertown, NY

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Once you are past the entry level stuff. You can really get some great experience.

Cons

I want to preface this with all of these comments are related to the company in 2009. They have since then change most of their managers. In a small town, you get the small town mentality. Not very open to different sexual orientation as a company. They try to come off as "we support you", but when a Training Manager tells someone they will not go any further because of their sexual orientation that really makes a statement to me. Also, the promotion process is kind of paper thin. When you work your hardest and do very well in your position and get passed up because the other guy had a better "image" it really makes you question how other managers got their position and if they were the best fit.

Other Employee Reviews for Stream Global Services

1. Overall a Good Company

Current Employee - Team Manager in Watertown, NY
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Watertown, NY

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career growth, great site management, constant growth, turnover is pretty low. Compensation is one of the highest in the area.

Cons

No raises in a few years (they use "performance bonuses" to try to compensate for it). The pay isn't high enough for what they expect you to do, especially on one of their deep technical contracts.

Advice to Management

Look into giving everyone a small raise. Cost of living has gone up, even just gas is expensive (ranging from 3.65 - 4.05 a gallon throughout the year). Keep moving in the direction we are in regards to our employees.

Don't work there if you can help it.

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get hired when they need people, but hardly worth your time unless you are desperate.

Cons

It's a call center job so you have to deal with angry customers and you get the absolute minimum amount of break time. Wages were very low compared to other technical support jobs and they played games with the so called "commissions" that turned out to be treated like bonus' and were often denied for lame reasons. Supervisors where often rude to new techs on two different contracts I worked on. Managers were nice for the most part but would give almost no flexibility on the company policies no matter how ridiculous. I was told that because just one person complained out of 600 calls that I needed improvement and was threatened with termination if 2 out of 600 complained. Even if the customers complained about something not in the techs control it was still somehow the techs fault. They wouldn't even throw out a negative survey when the customer mentioned somebody else by name that had given poor customer service. Those who survived for as long as I did cheated and openly admitted to it even at the supervisor level. They avoided customer surveys by not documenting the call or just gave customers things they were not entitled to normally. Tried to bring this to the attention of management via anonymous survey (once in a year) but they did nothing. When I asked management for a suggestion box I was flatly denied. Even tho I worked weekends, late nights and holidays for them, when they didn't need as many people on the contract they started to treat us even more poorly and changed some of our schedules to the least desirable of all, in what I suspect was an attempt to get rid of us without laying us off. When I complained about how unhappy I was with the new schedule change to the floor manager, the person making the schedule and my direct manager I received absolutely no official response to my emails. I should have hired a lawyer and researched hostile work environment before I left so I could quit and get unemployment. WORST company I have ever worked for. Nobody was very happy with their job there, even managers. No raises even if you make supervisor. Poor cleaning in the Beaverton Oregon building with only one janitor for over 1000 people. Lack of parking so as a new hire you will be shuttled into work.

Advice to Management

UPPER management: Stop treating your employees like garbage. Take calls for 8-10 hrs and see what real work is like.