Stream Global Services

There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services

It's A Fun Job & Co-Workers Are Great

Current Employee - Save Desk in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Save Desk in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Here in Phoenix, Arizona its a job albeit a low paying ( $10 per hr ) but at least your earning a paycheck in this economy. Depending on the contract, you can earn commission varying between $200-$400 per pay check. They do offer spiffs such as gift cards and cash bonuses just to name a few. Our location has massage chairs, game room with computers ( Internet ), big screen TV ( Movies ) and an Xbox. Once a month, a vendor comes in and offers free 10-15 minute chair massage. Every Friday is movie, popcorn and sports jersey day. Decent break room with big screen TV, microwaves, ice machine and filtered water plus vending machines and refrigerators. Lots of overtime available so you can make decent money between your wage, commission and overtime but remember you will work hard and if you don't it will reflect in your paycheck.

Cons

The cons are really few because they lay out all the expectations several times between their initial interaction with you all the way through training so if your paying attention you should know what to expect from Stream as a company. However, for the amount of work that one does especially in the Saves Desk Program the starting wage should be at minimum $12 per hour but again they do offer spiffs ( Cash Bonuses etc ) so if one were to work hard I would say the compensation is fair.

Management needs to find a way to compensate their hard workers better ( Raises ) so that they can retain quality people. Turnover is a hot mess and the quality of people can at times lack professionalism. Stream spends A LOT of money to train employees prior to hitting the production floor including all costs associated with hiring such as drug tests and background checks. That money could be better spent on compensating your quality and hard workers.

410 Other Employee Reviews for Stream Global Services (View Most Recent)

Overall a Good Company

Current Employee - Team Manager in Watertown, NY
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Watertown, NY

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Career growth, great site management, constant growth, turnover is pretty low. Compensation is one of the highest in the area.

Cons

No raises in a few years (they use "performance bonuses" to try to compensate for it). The pay isn't high enough for what they expect you to do, especially on one of their deep technical contracts.

Look into giving everyone a small raise. Cost of living has gone up, even just gas is expensive (ranging from 3.65 - 4.05 a gallon throughout the year). Keep moving in the direction we are in regards to our employees.

Great place for the experience and travel..nothing more

Former Employee - Trainer in Watertown, NY
    Former Employee - Trainer in Watertown, NY

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Once you are past the entry level stuff. You can really get some great experience.

Cons

I want to preface this with all of these comments are related to the company in 2009. They have since then change most of their managers. In a small town, you get the small town mentality. Not very open to different sexual orientation as a company. They try to come off as "we support you", but when a Training Manager tells someone they will not go any further because of their sexual orientation that really makes a statement to me. Also, the promotion process is kind of paper thin. When you work your hardest and do very well in your position and get passed up because the other guy had a better "image" it really makes you question how other managers got their position and if they were the best fit.

There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services