Stream Global Services

There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services

Good Temporary Company for Transition

Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Beaverton, OR
Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are number of contracts that one could apply for depending which opening is available. Mostly it is customer service involving calls, and if you enjoy conversing over the phone to assist customers this would be a good fit. Once application goes through, company will get back to you within week or two, and little waiting is generally required. Groups will be hired on same day, and start training which you will develop comradely among your own team. Once you complete the training, you start to work and hone your skills. General health care benefit, vacation hours, and other benefits are offered. Process is fairly well stream lined.

Cons

Personally I know handful of friends who have applied and worked for this company. Currently I know of only two individuals who have continued to work there, while rest have been fired or laid off. It is contract based, and employee can be cut down according to company need. So not many stay for more than year or two., so it is challenging to develop it into long term career.

First off, thank you for your hard work as a manager. It is challenging to train and keep the morals high when contract work can end so abruptly. I've had wonderful managers in my time, and hope they continue to provide leadership and care at Stream. Main complaint I noted was lack of vacation time utility on date requested, as well as schedule changing frequently and employee had difficulty adjusting to new schedule. Try to be family friendly and offer base line schedule and time off. Happy employee will contribute more to company than grumpy ones that produce minimal just to get by.

402 Other Employee Reviews for Stream Global Services (View Most Recent)

Better Fit In Their Box!

Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Watertown, NY
    Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Watertown, NY

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Rapid Advancement for those who are willing to put in the hours/work, cute "perks" like an on-site cafeteria, pool table, internet cafe. Fun to talk and work with people all over the world! Depending on the contract, possibly excellent opportunities after leaving.

Cons

-Poor enforcement of hygiene/dresscodes means some employees are to put it nicely "fragrant"- hope and pray you don't get seated next to the "smelly kid!"
    -Troublemakers or ne'er do wells are often not disciplined and it is difficult to get rid obvious repeat offenders due to the need to keep bodies in seats.
    -Terrible, terrible knowledge of the the Americans with Disabilities Act. Be prepared to fight tooth and nail with HR to keep your job if you need anything remotely resembling special accommodation. Come armed with plenty of documentation.
    -Our contract did as much work (and much, much more in many cases) as the company that outsourced us to Stream, and yet we were paid a fraction, and with the same meager benefits as the contracts that ahem, assisted with satellite radios and DVD rentals. We were rarely acknowledged for the help we gave to fortune 500 companies, save for a "special" tiny break room with a coffee machine we were allowed to use on our 15 minute breaks.

A little positive reinforcement goes a long way. Enforce all the rules, or none.

Great place for the experience and travel..nothing more

Former Employee - Trainer in Watertown, NY
    Former Employee - Trainer in Watertown, NY

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Once you are past the entry level stuff. You can really get some great experience.

Cons

I want to preface this with all of these comments are related to the company in 2009. They have since then change most of their managers. In a small town, you get the small town mentality. Not very open to different sexual orientation as a company. They try to come off as "we support you", but when a Training Manager tells someone they will not go any further because of their sexual orientation that really makes a statement to me. Also, the promotion process is kind of paper thin. When you work your hardest and do very well in your position and get passed up because the other guy had a better "image" it really makes you question how other managers got their position and if they were the best fit.

There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services