Good Temporary Company for Transition

Former Employee - Customer Service Professional  in  Beaverton, OR
Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are number of contracts that one could apply for depending which opening is available. Mostly it is customer service involving calls, and if you enjoy conversing over the phone to assist customers this would be a good fit. Once application goes through, company will get back to you within week or two, and little waiting is generally required. Groups will be hired on same day, and start training which you will develop comradely among your own team. Once you complete the training, you start to work and hone your skills. General health care benefit, vacation hours, and other benefits are offered. Process is fairly well stream lined.

Cons

Personally I know handful of friends who have applied and worked for this company. Currently I know of only two individuals who have continued to work there, while rest have been fired or laid off. It is contract based, and employee can be cut down according to company need. So not many stay for more than year or two., so it is challenging to develop it into long term career.

First off, thank you for your hard work as a manager. It is challenging to train and keep the morals high when contract work can end so abruptly. I've had wonderful managers in my time, and hope they continue to provide leadership and care at Stream. Main complaint I noted was lack of vacation time utility on date requested, as well as schedule changing frequently and employee had difficulty adjusting to new schedule. Try to be family friendly and offer base line schedule and time off. Happy employee will contribute more to company than grumpy ones that produce minimal just to get by.

Other Reviews for Stream Global Services

Better Fit In Their Box!

Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support  in  Watertown, NY
    Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Watertown, NY

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rapid Advancement for those who are willing to put in the hours/work, cute "perks" like an on-site cafeteria, pool table, internet cafe. Fun to talk and work with people all over the world! Depending on the contract, possibly excellent opportunities after leaving.

Cons

-Poor enforcement of hygiene/dresscodes means some employees are to put it nicely "fragrant"- hope and pray you don't get seated next to the "smelly kid!"
    -Troublemakers or ne'er do wells are often not disciplined and it is difficult to get rid obvious repeat offenders due to the need to keep bodies in seats.
    -Terrible, terrible knowledge of the the Americans with Disabilities Act. Be prepared to fight tooth and nail with HR to keep your job if you need anything remotely resembling special accommodation. Come armed with plenty of documentation.
    -Our contract did as much work (and much, much more in many cases) as the company that outsourced us to Stream, and yet we were paid a fraction, and with the same meager benefits as the contracts that ahem, assisted with satellite radios and DVD rentals. We were rarely acknowledged for the help we gave to fortune 500 companies, save for a "special" tiny break room with a coffee machine we were allowed to use on our 15 minute breaks.

A little positive reinforcement goes a long way. Enforce all the rules, or none.

It's A Fun Job & Co-Workers Are Great

Current Employee - Save Desk  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Save Desk in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Here in Phoenix, Arizona its a job albeit a low paying ( $10 per hr ) but at least your earning a paycheck in this economy. Depending on the contract, you can earn commission varying between $200-$400 per pay check. They do offer spiffs such as gift cards and cash bonuses just to name a few. Our location has massage chairs, game room with computers ( Internet ), big screen TV ( Movies ) and an Xbox. Once a month, a vendor comes in and offers free 10-15 minute chair massage. Every Friday is movie, popcorn and sports jersey day. Decent break room with big screen TV, microwaves, ice machine and filtered water plus vending machines and refrigerators. Lots of overtime available so you can make decent money between your wage, commission and overtime but remember you will work hard and if you don't it will reflect in your paycheck.

Cons

The cons are really few because they lay out all the expectations several times between their initial interaction with you all the way through training so if your paying attention you should know what to expect from Stream as a company. However, for the amount of work that one does especially in the Saves Desk Program the starting wage should be at minimum $12 per hour but again they do offer spiffs ( Cash Bonuses etc ) so if one were to work hard I would say the compensation is fair.

Management needs to find a way to compensate their hard workers better ( Raises ) so that they can retain quality people. Turnover is a hot mess and the quality of people can at times lack professionalism. Stream spends A LOT of money to train employees prior to hitting the production floor including all costs associated with hiring such as drug tests and background checks. That money could be better spent on compensating your quality and hard workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services.

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!