There are newer employer reviews for Stream Global Services

Don't work there if you can help it.

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR
Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get hired when they need people, but hardly worth your time unless you are desperate.

Cons

It's a call center job so you have to deal with angry customers and you get the absolute minimum amount of break time. Wages were very low compared to other technical support jobs and they played games with the so called "commissions" that turned out to be treated like bonus' and were often denied for lame reasons. Supervisors where often rude to new techs on two different contracts I worked on. Managers were nice for the most part but would give almost no flexibility on the company policies no matter how ridiculous. I was told that because just one person complained out of 600 calls that I needed improvement and was threatened with termination if 2 out of 600 complained. Even if the customers complained about something not in the techs control it was still somehow the techs fault. They wouldn't even throw out a negative survey when the customer mentioned somebody else by name that had given poor customer service. Those who survived for as long as I did cheated and openly admitted to it even at the supervisor level. They avoided customer surveys by not documenting the call or just gave customers things they were not entitled to normally. Tried to bring this to the attention of management via anonymous survey (once in a year) but they did nothing. When I asked management for a suggestion box I was flatly denied. Even tho I worked weekends, late nights and holidays for them, when they didn't need as many people on the contract they started to treat us even more poorly and changed some of our schedules to the least desirable of all, in what I suspect was an attempt to get rid of us without laying us off. When I complained about how unhappy I was with the new schedule change to the floor manager, the person making the schedule and my direct manager I received absolutely no official response to my emails. I should have hired a lawyer and researched hostile work environment before I left so I could quit and get unemployment. WORST company I have ever worked for. Nobody was very happy with their job there, even managers. No raises even if you make supervisor. Poor cleaning in the Beaverton Oregon building with only one janitor for over 1000 people. Lack of parking so as a new hire you will be shuttled into work.

Advice to Management

UPPER management: Stop treating your employees like garbage. Take calls for 8-10 hrs and see what real work is like.

Other Employee Reviews for Stream Global Services

1. The absolute worst employer in history

Current Employee - Customer Support Professional in Watertown, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Support Professional in Watertown, NY

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

well it is a paycheck and the customers calling in can be nice.

Cons

The managers are a joke; they have very little control over the slacker employee's. The pay is substandard, the harassment that goes on (both sexual, and racial) is rampant and uncontrolled. The attendance policy only applies to the employees that are not the golden children. The recent advancements were given to totally unqualified persons and those who deserved it were ignored.

Advice to Management

get a clue you are going to cost the company yet another contract

2. Some great managers, some horrible contracts

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you have a good manager, and you're on a good contract, you're golden. The pay is low, but it's pretty much industry-standard for call center work.

Cons

Some racist and homophobic trainers, lack of managerial support due to team allocation, no/poor raises, low starting pay for semi-skilled technical positions. Frequent mandatory OT during holiday/high-volume seasons. Lack of scheduling support for people limited to public transportation.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees and try to be both approachable and understandable. Don't coddle the ones slacking off/creating hostile work environments.