Stream Global Services

www.stream.com

A cattle farm without the perks.

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsThey will hire anyone - pay is better than minimum wage - you can meet some good people - HR department actually cares - the better supervisors work hard to act as a buffer between the agents and the general buffoonery that is upper management.

ConsInfighting between underpaid, exhausted team leaders, rigid attendance policy, clueless middle management, nepotism is company policy.

In my time at stream, I was passed over for promotion twice. Typically I would understand such a thing, they have a large pool of applicants, and some very qualified people waiting for promotion. I was told by HR that I would be on the short list for promotion after not being hired on as a supervisor, (They had already hired all of the managers they needed) as I had over 10 years of supervisory experience in the industry.

In both cases, I was eschewed by someone VASTLY less qualified. The only explanation I was afforded is that both of these people already knew someone in management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote based on aptitude and merit. Provide better insurance against burnout.

Dishonest, unprofessional and completely out of sync with the local labor market

Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) Eagan, MN

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for less than a year

Pros: If you're an entry level candidate in the purest of forms then this is an opportunity to be paid at that rate and build a… Cons: Entirely dishonest recruiters to mislead on the potential of earnings, work schedule and training schedule. Will guarantee a set work schedule following training and the… Advice to Senior Management: Pay the candidates you have based on experience. Remove people in the company who lie to obtain labor. Create a commission structure that takes into… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Happy on the outside, depressing on the inside.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time

Pros: Stream trains you well. Most of the managers are very helpful and not condescending or hard to deal with. If you have a problem customer, help… Cons: Stream is big on outward appearance. They have special events, serve food, play music, hold prize drawings, etc. But the structure is failing. They may promise… Advice to Senior Management: Stop pretending to value those on the front line. Show the proper respect. Treat them so well that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Stream Global Services.

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!