There are newer employer reviews for StreetDelivery.com

Total Burnout....

Current Employee - Photographer
Current Employee - Photographer

I have been working at StreetDelivery.com

Pros

Work on your own... which I like.

Cons

Way too much driving.... I put over 60K miles on my car per year (now on my 4th car). Vehicle reimbursement policy is a joke, no cell phone allowance, No raise in 5 years, The health insurance is way too expensive and covers very little. No overtime, but if you don't get 40 hours in you hear about it. Next closest employee to me is 140 miles away, which means draw a circle on a map with 140 mile perimeter, all that territory has to be covered by me... and if someone goes on vacation, thats right I'm driving even farther away.

Throw us a bone..... Employees are spaced too far away from each other. Try driving as much as we do to see how it is. We are actually doing 2 jobs for the price of one.

14 Other Employee Reviews for StreetDelivery.com (View Most Recent)

This is the definition of a dead end job.

Current Employee - Field Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Field Customer Service Representative

I have been working at StreetDelivery.com

Pros

The best part of the job is the fact that you don't have to maintain much contact with management, as long as you do your job. They do not micro manage their employees.

Cons

The vehicle reimbursement policy is a joke. Especially when I drive 4000-5000 miles per month. It equates to about $0.10 per mile. Do the math. By the time you pay for insurance, taxes, and maintenance, it is a losing situation.

There is no cell phone allowance. I use 400 minutes/month.
    There is no IT allowance. I had to buy a laptop computer. High speed internet is also $75./month.
    There is no 401k or any type of retirement benefits.
    There are no raises, no reviews, and no hope of advancement within the company. Most employees have not had a raise, EVER!
    The health insurance, which I pay for, is meager at best.

Why am I still here?

No micromanagement.
    The economy stinks and there are no other jobs to be had.

People like this job because you are on your own, in the field. The reasons listed above are legitimate gripes that are not addressed by management. The fact that there are no employee reviews or pay raises is a farce.

this company takes advantage of its employees

I worked at StreetDelivery.com

Pros

The only good thing about working at this company is that you work on your own. However the number of hours you are expected to drive is insane and dangerous, worse than a lowlife truck driving job. I think I would rather work at a factory in China.

Cons

The cons have been mentioned before in the other reviews here. This company might have been a good idea in 2001, but they haven't kept up with the times and they are taking it out on their employees by making them work like slaves. If your car breaks down, if your kid gets sick, if you yourself get ill --> you have to work anyway.

My advice to management - Get out of the business, you're washed up.

There are newer employer reviews for StreetDelivery.com