There are newer employer reviews for Stride Rite

Challenging, love the kids!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Store Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Stride Rite full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great discounts on shoes for kids and adults, 40% off from Merrells, Sperry, all Wolverine brands as well as Saucony and Stride Rite brands. Flexible schedule. The customers are nice and the kids are fun to work with.

Cons

low pay for associates, and they are expected to work as keyholders, no training for the associates, give no hours for training and no help on the back side of the company to the stores. No pay raises. No hiring help to find new applicants, have to go recruit. they don't put up any ads to bring in applicants. No positive reinforcements, only negative comments.

Give training hours to actually train the associates. Don't have those hours count as actual payroll hours, to where it hurts the store. Put up ads on career sites to find new applicants. Don't micro manage the managers. Give them positive feedback not just negative ones.

65 Other Employee Reviews for Stride Rite (View Most Recent)

I loved working here, you'll have a great experience working with kids.

I worked at Stride Rite

Pros

Even if you having a bad day the kids that come in there will just make you happy to forget your problems.

Cons

Only cons I would say I would feel bad when they would call me last minute to come in and I'm somewhere else out of town

Longer lunches would be nice. (:

Not much of a challenge, no growth

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Stride Rite full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Small store, lots of return customers, small staff, not a hard job, store managers are hourly only able to work 44 hours. Nice not to have do overtime. Not crazy hours during holiday time.

Cons

No advancement for managers, very boring, same thing every day. No help with hiring new staff, no ads put out, have to go out and try to steal employees from other companies

Do not micro manage the stores manager, don't just assume that staff from one store will cover for another store in the same city, ask and be grateful, don't assume.

There are newer employer reviews for Stride Rite