Stride Rite

www.collectivebrands.com

Challenging, love the kids!

Store Manager (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsGreat discounts on shoes for kids and adults, 40% off from Merrells, Sperry, all Wolverine brands as well as Saucony and Stride Rite brands. Flexible schedule. The customers are nice and the kids are fun to work with.

Conslow pay for associates, and they are expected to work as keyholders, no training for the associates, give no hours for training and no help on the back side of the company to the stores. No pay raises. No hiring help to find new applicants, have to go recruit. they don't put up any ads to bring in applicants. No positive reinforcements, only negative comments.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive training hours to actually train the associates. Don't have those hours count as actual payroll hours, to where it hurts the store. Put up ads on career sites to find new applicants. Don't micro manage the managers. Give them positive feedback not just negative ones.

I loved working here, you'll have a great experience working with kids.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Stride Rite

Pros: Even if you having a bad day the kids that come… Cons: Only cons I would say I would feel bad when they would call… Advice to Senior Management: Longer lunches would be nice. (: More

Not much of a challenge, no growth

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stride Rite full-time for more than a year

Pros: Small store, lots of return customers, small staff, not a hard job, store managers are hourly only able… Cons: No advancement for managers, very boring, same thing every day. No help with hiring new… Advice to Senior Management: Do not micro manage the stores manager, don't just assume that staff from one store… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Stride Rite.

Worked for Stride Rite? Contribute to the Community!