Stride & Associates

www.strideandassociates.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Stride & Associates

Great place to kick off your career in sales you are motivated, good with people, and can see the big picture

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Stride & Associates

Pros

-Great people, fun work environment
-Excellent career growth opportunities
-Opportunity to make an infinite amount of money if you are successful
-Great training
-An opportunity to learn a lot about companies in Boston and how businesses wok
-Great place to develop sales/business skills such as: lead generation, client relationships, negotiations, time management, handling rejection, etc which will help you succeed in any company
-You always know where you stand and know what you need to do to get a raise or promotion
-Coworkers are very competitive yet supportive
-They days go by fast!
-This job can be very rewarding and you can make a difference for people
-Great way to expand your own personal and professional networks even if you don't stay with the company
-lots of fun perks

Cons

-High turnover rate, although that is expected with any sales job
-The days are very structured which helps you manage your time but can be annoying
-The first three months or so are challenging and can be very frustrating if you don't stay motivated and put in 100% every day. You have to generate leads and find clients on your own so if you dont put in the effort from day 1 you will struggle
-It can take a while to get going and can take longer than expected to make a lot of money, even if you are generating revenue for the company but when you do it is worth it
-Outdated technology!
-Strange interview process

Advice to Management

-Continue to expand the company and promote the brand in a positive way
-Continue to focus on social media
-Update the technology!
-Either separate the two "brands " more or have them collaborate more so people don't get confused and get the wrong impression

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place to start, but wouldn't make a career out of it. Way easier ways to make better money elsewhere.

Former Employee - Placement Counselor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Placement Counselor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Stride & Associates

Pros

Great entry level training program
    young hip atmosphere.
    The path is clear for advancement if this type of work is your bag.

Cons

Terrible pay even for entry level, but the worst part is no commission.

Unrealistic goals for how much money you will make. I worked there for 10 months, billed over 100k ( and in recruiting there is very little over head so that is a nice chunk) and my salary went from 30k to a whopping 37,500 a year. In my entire peer group of all the people I knew when I worked there that had proven themselves and were supposed to have this great career path, only one of them is still there. None of those that made manager came close to making 100k.

It has bean a few years since I worked there and I have heard they have gotten more up to date but they literally use no technology and no CRM.

There methods are a little dated and I had never seen that they work, seeing our competition used them to their success. (No phone screens?)

Managers are young and not very experienced. Seeing they only promote from within it is very feasible that all the Senior level people have never worked at another company before and only see the business world through the Stride "bubble" . They also play favorites which was a big reason I left.

There is allot of attempted indoctrination in this company. Almost like a cult and if you cant "hack it" here, than your clearly sub par. Ya right. I see allot of reviews on here talking about how much money the senior management here make. What took them 10 years to achieve at Stride I made in my new job in 3. I also didn't see any of them mentioning the draw you have to make when your management to even begin making commissions. Ridiculous. If you are that good of a recruiter than just set up your shop. You will make allot more.

They also keep talking about the entrepreneurial mind set you need to succeed here. If they were that entrepreneurial they would be working for themselves.

Advice to Management

I think there is a reason that Stride has never really taken off and has sort of stayed stagnant for all these years. It is because it is the way it is run is so old school it doesn't make any sense in this day and age. A recruiting company that specializes in technology people yet doesn't embrace even the simplest of technologies (CRM's) themselves. I don't think the continued name changing is helping your brand either.

Entry Level Opportunity that offers true career advancement

Current Employee - Division Manager in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Division Manager in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Stride & Associates

Pros

Highly Desireable Pay Structure for Senior Management
    Complete merit based advancement / promotion structure
    A level Sales / Management Training
    Fosters entreprenuerial spirit.
    Hands on MBA in building relationships with companies / businesses of all different industries and structures from the Fortune 100 to the tech start up to the heavily regulated industry.

Cons

The biggest reasons why people end up not being succesful in stride is that you need to have an entprenuerial mindset. It is not an organization where the "staff mentality" is encouraged.

Advice to Management

Continue epansion of current company footprint.