Stripe

www.stripe.com

Incredible place to work

User Support (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsEveryone you work with is great, and works really hard. It's really unique in my professional experience. Management cares, and is thoughtful, and active. There's an incredible sense of all being in it together and working toward a common goal. The Stripe product itself is awesome. The offices are to die for (as is the food). But mostly the biggest pro is that here I feel like I've been given the opportunity to work hard and produce the best work I've ever produced. It's a pretty awesome feeling, at the end of the day.

ConsInformation firehose makes it hard to cope with distraction sometimes. Company is a little bit caught between the company it was (small, plucky, engineer-driven), and the company it's quickly becoming (large, global, diverse). Consensus-building, management-lite style may not be your cup of tea if you're from a more decisive, top-down corporate culture where the power to create forward momentum is centralized in managers' hands. As with any workplace there are communication and cultural imbalances between teams, though I believe people recognize this as a bug when they see it, and work toward improving it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe careful to message the company culture into every new hire, regardless of how fast you grow, to maintain what it is that made Stripe feel special to the people who first believed in it. Be careful to stay attentive to the changing needs of teams as they grow in size, especially with regards to management, to avoid becoming the cultural swamp that other manager-free companies like Steam have become (while at the same time preserving the Stripe values of agency, ownership of tasks, and self-direction). Respecting your employees means both giving them the freedom and space to produce their best work, while also giving them the curation, guidance, and support they need to produce that best work. This is something Stripe (amazingly) already has. Be careful not to lose it as Stripe grows.

Exciting and Excellent

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stripe

Pros: A fun, exciting place to work. A lot of self-direction. Thoughtful leaders. Not much management. The company cares a lot about making excellent experiences. This isn't… Cons: If you're not self-directed, you will be lost. Also, work-life… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Quite content

User Support (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stripe full-time for less than a year

Pros: I have little to complain about—why not go and work for an incredibly… Cons: Work/life balance...but what did you expect? Advice to Senior Management: I think I'd be talking to all of 4 people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Stripe.

Worked for Stripe? Contribute to the Community!