StrongView

There are newer employer reviews for StrongView

Great People, Great Culture, Great Product

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at StrongView full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Smart people who are committed to their jobs
- Good culture with a lot of ongoing support
- Great product that keeps getting better
- Executive management that knows what it's doing
- Good, comprehensive benefits

Cons

- Internal communciation could be more thorough and frequent
- There has been a moderate amount of turnover at the executive level

There are a lot of talented people at StrongMail, so in order to retain them it's important to provide regular feedback on their performance and how they are contributing to the organization.

24 Other Employee Reviews for StrongView (View Most Recent)

Just the right mix of entrepreneurial and structure (for me)

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at StrongView full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really like it here - my manager is really smart and I can convert to he/she to my side of the argument (at times) and when he doesn't agree, he/she walks me through the logic so I can learn. There is an effort to make the place feel like more of a family and while that's not for me, I love that they care and are trying to make an effort.

Clients of all sorts mean that I have a variety of experience to learn from and to keep my day interesting. The company can make the decision to invest in certain clients or initiatives, so that gives me confidence to offer suggestions.

There has been a slight change in top management and IMHO, the right guys stayed and the old, codgers left - that's promising.

Free drinks all day and a great office, but I would love if they helped me get fat by stocking all kinds of snacks :-)

Cons

I see below where the red tape was mentioned -- I agree but at the same time, I've seen where the process has benefited the company in a situation, so it's not IBM-like robot process -- there is a reason.

A few people at the company are punching a time card and that's annoying, but thankfully they are in the minority - the rest of the company (or the ones you choose to go to) will help and have the brains and experience to really help or make a difference.

Don't be so scared or patient to remove those that aren't performing -- a lot of us are working hard and we need like minded people around us. Pat yourself on the back that some of the recent management changes were the right decisions and you're setting the right tone.

A rather good company with some annoying hiccups

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at StrongView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I actually enjoy going into work and a genuinely enjoy working with 99% of the people at the office. The area is bright, clean, and fun. There's a cooler stocked with drinks, beach balls, ping pong, a game room. They have started implementing some monthly events to promote fun within the company.
    I've found all of the upper management to be extremely approachable and sometimes just striking up a conversation can lead to changes being made to the product.
    The location around the office is amazing too. A beautiful view of the hills and the bay. There's a Spcalties right next door that you usually end up eating from so much you get a little sick of it but it's still great to have. And free fitness area downstairs and a free day on Friday with a weight training coach.

Cons

Some of the other criticisms on here ring true. Management seems to have a revolving door in some departments and it feels like it's a 'by the way, so-and-so isn't here anymore and this person is doing their job'.
    Communication outside departments seems to be a little frustrating. Though there is the idea that the company is a big family there actually is a fair amount of confusion about what one group is doing and if any progress is being made.
    And there doesn't seem to be any upward momentum. The pool is rather large but rarely deep. There have been positions within the company that have been waiting to be filled and people willing to fill them but they always seems to want to wait until someone from outside steps in to fill the role rather then promote within. I think this leads to a lot of the turnover.

Work on retaining talented people and getting rid of the fluff. Work on communication and make it so that all of the departments know what each is doing.

There are newer employer reviews for StrongView