StrongView

www.strongview.com
  www.strongview.com
There are newer employer reviews for StrongView

Just the right mix of entrepreneurial and structure (for me)

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at StrongView full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really like it here - my manager is really smart and I can convert to he/she to my side of the argument (at times) and when he doesn't agree, he/she walks me through the logic so I can learn. There is an effort to make the place feel like more of a family and while that's not for me, I love that they care and are trying to make an effort.

Clients of all sorts mean that I have a variety of experience to learn from and to keep my day interesting. The company can make the decision to invest in certain clients or initiatives, so that gives me confidence to offer suggestions.

There has been a slight change in top management and IMHO, the right guys stayed and the old, codgers left - that's promising.

Free drinks all day and a great office, but I would love if they helped me get fat by stocking all kinds of snacks :-)

Cons

I see below where the red tape was mentioned -- I agree but at the same time, I've seen where the process has benefited the company in a situation, so it's not IBM-like robot process -- there is a reason.

A few people at the company are punching a time card and that's annoying, but thankfully they are in the minority - the rest of the company (or the ones you choose to go to) will help and have the brains and experience to really help or make a difference.

Don't be so scared or patient to remove those that aren't performing -- a lot of us are working hard and we need like minded people around us. Pat yourself on the back that some of the recent management changes were the right decisions and you're setting the right tone.

24 Other Employee Reviews for StrongView (View Most Recent)

Great People, Great Culture, Great Product

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at StrongView full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Smart people who are committed to their jobs
    - Good culture with a lot of ongoing support
    - Great product that keeps getting better
    - Executive management that knows what it's doing
    - Good, comprehensive benefits

Cons

- Internal communciation could be more thorough and frequent
    - There has been a moderate amount of turnover at the executive level

There are a lot of talented people at StrongMail, so in order to retain them it's important to provide regular feedback on their performance and how they are contributing to the organization.

No idea what they are doing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at StrongView full-time

Pros

Energetic team with diverse backgrounds. HQ in California has it the best

Cons

-Lack of clear direction and structure; there is no actual medium or long-term goal
    -Turnover in talent either in the lack of on-boarding or being removed in less than 6-9 months
    -Some departments are based on social connections and at times political

They need to figure out exactly what they are supposed to do with the company instead of being easily influenced by VC pressure or the latest fads.

There are newer employer reviews for StrongView