Great personal development and real responsibility

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Stroud International

Pros

Real responsibility from day 1
The work is very tangible and the impact on clients is visible
Exceptionally bright group of people
True meritocracy
Good work life balance with not weekend work and reasonable hours

Cons

Not unique to Stroud - lots of travel and being away from home
Small firm culture is great but the lack of formalized processes can be challenging

Maintain the small firm culture even as the firm grows

Other Reviews for Stroud International

Great Opportunities to Launch your Career

Current Employee - Project Lead  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Project Lead in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Stroud International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Like most people, I often think about what the best career path is for me. I found that there are three main things which I currently value most:
    1) Continuously learning and developing
    2) Making a big impact for those I work with
    3) A fun work environment - one where I enjoy spending time with my colleagues

Stroud has been a great place to have all three of these items - and that's why I've stayed here for the past three years. If these are qualities you value then I would highly recommend Stroud to you.

Below are some of the highlights of my experience here:
    -From day one (as a brand new graduate!) I've been given opportunities to develop as quickly as possible. My very first day on-site I owned my own improvement initiative - and this is typical of the Stroud experience. I've also had the opportunity to be paired with a partner as my "coach". It's always so clear to me that his number one goal is to help me be happy and develop as quickly as possible.
    -I never thought I'd be able to make such a big impact so quickly in my career. On the first project I referenced above I helped a team of clients decrease quality problems by more than 50%. Also, less than three years into my career, I'm managing two new associates. Helping/seeing them develop is incredibly rewarding... and I certainly can't imagine another company where I would have had that opportunity already.
    -I love my coworkers! It's typical that we plan monthly team building activities and spend time together outside of work because we enjoy each others company. My office even all trained for and ran the Calgary half marathon together this year!

Cons

It's difficult being one of the more senior women in a company when you yourself have been there for less than 3 years. I recognize this is an issue which many young firms face and is a part of the "growing pains" that come with the territory.

The "road warrior" lifestyle also can become tiring. One of the reasons I transferred from our Boston office to our Calgary office was to decrease the amount of job related travel. That's definitely a major improvement I've noticed between the offices.

Great place for those who fit

I worked at Stroud International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great opportunities and exposure early on in your career.
    If you are the right fit for the culture, you will progress quickly, develop amazing skills and make some great friends.

Cons

If you don't like travel, don't bother. Also, if you don't like at least a little uncertainty, same advice. The smaller the firm, the bigger the ups and the downs, be aware of that.

There are newer employer reviews for Stroud International.

Worked for Stroud International? Contribute to the Community!