There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

Great place to work for the independent, quick thinker, and the people willing to get after it.

Current Employee - Endoscopic Specialist
Current Employee - Endoscopic Specialist

I have been working at Stryker

Pros

1. Good salary and benefits 2. A lot of independence and freedom to forge your own way 3. Stryker moves quickly and you need to think quickly in order to stay ahead of the power curve.

Cons

Communication between divisions can be terrible at times and when communicating with other Stryker employees across these divisions there's a lot of it that gets lost in translation. Not a whole lot of guidance if you're coming into a new environment, it's trial by fire. You're getting dropped into a hot zone and expected to go for it.

Advice to Management

Communication and expectations need to be clear and concise. Not shoddy and vague.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place to start one's career

I have been working at Stryker

Pros

High caliber individuals Many opportunities to advance Ability to work move across departments Young environment Accountability among coworkers Good place to build your resume

Cons

The environment is constantly changing. Personnel turnover and structural changes. Makes it difficult to achieve stability and consistency. Knowledge transfer gets lost.

Stryker

I have been working at Stryker

Pros

Challenging job and fairly compensated (acceptable)

Cons

No life. Many times, I just shake my head on the decision made by upper management when it comes to promotions, hiring and etc. You have to manage up. If you don't you are basically screwed. There are lots of people like the talking part but when it comes to the walking parts, nobody shows up. There are major structural issues but yet there are no action plans put in place to fix them. I feel we are doing the same thing but expecting different results.

Advice to Management

It is not going to go anywhere. What is the point?