Real pride in representing this company.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Louisville, KY

I worked at Stryker

Pros

Brand Recognition is vital in the medical device field and you instantly get that with Stryker.

Cons

Being the powerhouse that they are, things are more politically charged then in most other companies in this industry.

Understand that the dynamics have dramatically changed amongst the customers and the sales force. New expectations have come in the form of well-informed customers wanting THEIR voice to be heard regarding how they want to be serviced, who it is that services them, and what their services should include.

Other Reviews for Stryker

Stryker is a Great Place to Be in Good Times and Bad Times

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at Stryker

Pros

tremendous experience and responsibility early in your career; lots of opportunity to move around the company, to travel globally and to have interesting leadership experiences. I have been at Stryker 20 years and hope to be here for many more. Also you sleep easier at night knowing you work for Stryker--they are financially conservative company and are growing even in this recessionary times. Well managed and also a fun, fast paced environment . Lots of great people to work with too

Cons

You have to love the pace but if you are an intense person its the right place for you Be responsible, own it and be accountable and you will be rewarded. Work life balance isn't as strong as some other companies but if you contribute you will be able to get the work life you need. My boss is respectful and cares about my engagement.

Keep doing what you are doing to prevent the impact of recessionary times like other companies. I am very glad you are watching expenses; prioritizing busines activities and ensuring we don't end up like other companies that are laying off 10% of their workforce, freezing salary increases and taking away profit sharing on 401k plans. Not Stryker!

a place hungry for great talent!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker

Pros

opportunities to do what your talents guide you

Cons

isolation, not talking to each other

rethink what the company goal should be

There are newer employer reviews for Stryker.

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!