Plenty of room to grow

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Mahwah, NJ
Current Employee - Project Engineer in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Large corp with plenty of ops to move around within and up - Many chances to shine and show your skills - Well admired in the industry

Cons

- Don't pay as well as they could for the amount of money they make - Careers can be held back if you butt heads with management - The company grows at a rate that they can't keep up with the changes procedurally.

Advice to Management

- Ensure employee satisfaction is as high as you think it is, don't just read the Q12 results - Give employees ops to shine and ensure other managers know how well they are doing. This could be used to grow that employee and move them into a bigger role they deserve. - Stop telling Acc. Project Engineers that it will take 2 years to be promoted to Project, just tell them what skills they need to develop to reach it. - Start doing out reach effort to help the local community and ensure the employees can help directly. United way supports a "day of caring" where employees could take a day to go out in the community and help someone in need by building/painting/landscaping/etc. We can't just buy our way and hope people will admire us. We have to get our hands dirty and actually help. - Ensure procedures and metrics focus on the right things. Some groups goals try for the wrong thing and it actually creates more work for other groups and it doesn't actually help the company. Saving money should be a goal, but quality should always come first.

Other Employee Reviews for Stryker

1. Manufacturing Engineer - Electrical

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer - Electrical in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer - Electrical in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job Stability. They are shutting down our business unit but retaining all the personnel. Flexibility to try out new positions on average every 2-3 years.

Cons

Seems to be relatively low on compensation. Long work hours.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Pros

You have an ability to be part of a huge corporation but still get treated and recognized y upper management.

Cons

Tough for advancement opportunities when going from sales rep to trainer/management. Stryker is notorious for being late to the party with innovative products.

Advice to Management

Would love to see more opportunities for great reps to have the opportunity to advance with stryker. There are a lot of hard working reps looking to advance.