There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

A great organization finding its direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kalamazoo, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Stryker for more than 10 years

Pros

Dedicated, engaged and talented employees
Great products, sales organization and market
Continued drive to be great
Unlimited portential

Cons

Strugling with growing pains and direction

Drive a singular direction

500 Other Employee Reviews for Stryker (View Most Recent)

Great products, Good driven people and vast benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stryker is a fast growing company where those who are driven can thrive. Great culture that cares about eachother and our customer. Employees are generally happy people and are always on board to support the community we live in. There is a great 401K matching and discretionary plan along with many other benefits offered. There are also lots of opportunity for training, team development and employee events. I have visited many suppliers where culture and respect for employees and their engagement are lacking so I can truly appreciate what we have here. There is also a current shift to encourage better balance in work and homelife coming from the top down.

Cons

Lots of changes for us in the past couple of years with leadership, structure and processes which causes confusion and uncertainty in the workforce. although in the past, it's normal to average 1-2 mgrs a year, I am now on my 5th mgr in 18 month period while I have been in the same position. It is hard to get process improvements through with so many layers to go through and projects go on hold or lost in the way waiting for these changes to settle and process through all of the layers - this is hard on folks who are driven. We also need to invest in updating some of our technology that is outdated.

Let's let the dust settle for a minute and stick to the direction that is being communicated.

If you screw up on a $150M investment and is all lost expect to be the next "Director"

Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ping-Pong Tables. Really??? A bunch of Dope heads.

Cons

Manipulations, Shady financials, No new products, No vision.See the stock...

This company is doing great "according to the leadership" In Reality ...no direction, no vision, no plan, back stabbing to get the next promotion, and if you are hidding all bad decisions..like invested $150M on a aquisition and after it Completely FAILED and money were lost all the employees that were part of that "sweet deal" got promoted at Director level as a "reward"..This is Stryker!

There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!