Stryker

www.stryker.com
  www.stryker.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

Great products, Good driven people and vast benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stryker is a fast growing company where those who are driven can thrive. Great culture that cares about eachother and our customer. Employees are generally happy people and are always on board to support the community we live in. There is a great 401K matching and discretionary plan along with many other benefits offered. There are also lots of opportunity for training, team development and employee events. I have visited many suppliers where culture and respect for employees and their engagement are lacking so I can truly appreciate what we have here. There is also a current shift to encourage better balance in work and homelife coming from the top down.

Cons

Lots of changes for us in the past couple of years with leadership, structure and processes which causes confusion and uncertainty in the workforce. although in the past, it's normal to average 1-2 mgrs a year, I am now on my 5th mgr in 18 month period while I have been in the same position. It is hard to get process improvements through with so many layers to go through and projects go on hold or lost in the way waiting for these changes to settle and process through all of the layers - this is hard on folks who are driven. We also need to invest in updating some of our technology that is outdated.

Let's let the dust settle for a minute and stick to the direction that is being communicated.

553 Other Employee Reviews for Stryker (View Most Recent)

If you screw up on a $150M investment and is all lost expect to be the next "Director"

Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Stryker full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ping-Pong Tables. Really??? A bunch of Dope heads.

Cons

Manipulations, Shady financials, No new products, No vision.See the stock...

This company is doing great "according to the leadership" In Reality ...no direction, no vision, no plan, back stabbing to get the next promotion, and if you are hidding all bad decisions..like invested $150M on a aquisition and after it Completely FAILED and money were lost all the employees that were part of that "sweet deal" got promoted at Director level as a "reward"..This is Stryker!

Watch your step

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Stryker full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great products, great company mission, good compensation and general benefits. Wonderful local community in Kalamazoo with excellent schools and resources for families.

Cons

Work-life balance is nonexistent -- they will tell you what you want to hear during the recruiting process but be ready to make this organization the center of your life. Regardless of your abilities, your success here is defined by who you know. An earlier review states that at Stryker, "You're great ... until you're not." Couldn't put it any better. Upset the wrong person and you are done.

Invest in infrastructure. Recognize that people often have families. Improve your communications -- and LISTEN to your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Stryker