Stryker
www.stryker.com Portage, MI 5000+ Employees

Not bad, but they could do better.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Mahwah, NJ

ProsThe work can be rewarding. Decent benefits. Good people. Focused on giving young folks a chance to learn and grow. New opportunities are abundant for young, lower paid employees. Participate in community outreach initiatives.

ConsIn my experience, they talk the talk, but struggle with walking the walk. Not for the faint of heart. Much is expected but appropriate resources are lacking to support the demands. Not willing to pay for experience. Gallup screening is heavily weighted, but the results are mediocre in many cases. Diversity exists only at the mid to lower salary levels. Office environment is noisy and crowded.

Advice to Senior ManagementI suspect a lot of money could be saved on things like the Q12 survey. Many responses are not honest because work groups don't have the resources to pursue anything more than innocuous improvement projects. A survey every 3 years might be more beneficial.

Talking about Quality First is a great thing, but when it comes to making the tough decisions on a daily basis, compromise is often the result.

Great Company

Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

Pros: Awesome people and culture, great fun to work at, very… Cons: not so great salaries, work life balance can be questionable Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A good taste of the corporate lifestyle

Digital Marketing Intern (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I have been working at Stryker as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Everyone has been screened by the Gallup personality assessment which makes it almost impossible to… Cons: As a large corporation, they are still a a bit stuffy and rigid. Not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Stryker.

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stryker CEO Kevin A. Lobo. All reviews posted anonymously by Stryker employees.