Stryker

www.stryker.com
  www.stryker.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

Not bad, but they could do better.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Stryker full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The work can be rewarding. Decent benefits. Good people. Focused on giving young folks a chance to learn and grow. New opportunities are abundant for young, lower paid employees. Participate in community outreach initiatives.

Cons

In my experience, they talk the talk, but struggle with walking the walk. Not for the faint of heart. Much is expected but appropriate resources are lacking to support the demands. Not willing to pay for experience. Gallup screening is heavily weighted, but the results are mediocre in many cases. Diversity exists only at the mid to lower salary levels. Office environment is noisy and crowded.

I suspect a lot of money could be saved on things like the Q12 survey. Many responses are not honest because work groups don't have the resources to pursue anything more than innocuous improvement projects. A survey every 3 years might be more beneficial.

Talking about Quality First is a great thing, but when it comes to making the tough decisions on a daily basis, compromise is often the result.

556 Other Employee Reviews for Stryker (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Specialist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Specialist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Stryker full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome people and culture, great fun to work at, very young and energetic company

Cons

not so great salaries, work life balance can be questionable

Outstanding opportunities and talented coworkers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stryker hires and retains great talent. The value of working with an engaged and talented team shouldn't be underestimated. Much of what makes Stryker successful, and what makes me excited about going to work, is the outstanding team that I have the pleasure of working with. Stryker is a great place for those that are motivated, driven, and value independence and autonomy. They consistently provide opportunities to proven performers truly seem to care about their employees.

Cons

A highly decentralized model, while providing many outstanding benefits, causes significant friction and reduces economies of scale.

There are newer employer reviews for Stryker