Look elswhere you won't get hired unless you know someone

Former Employee - Tax Intern  in  Kalamazoo, MI
Former Employee - Tax Intern in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Stryker as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good pay really that is the extent of the good in this company. You must know someone to get a job and be no older than 24.

Cons

Horrible management, favortism is very prominent. Unless you know someone and are willing to kiss managments shoes don't waste your time

Treat people like people, even interns! Realize that they are there for a reason and not for you to treat like crap!

Other Reviews for Stryker

Manufacturing Engineer

Current Employee - Engineering  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stryker Endoscopy Only: San Jose Location

Very young and lively company. Managers care a lot about their employees and there is a huge opportunity for growth. I enjoy coming to work every day and I have a lot of best friends at work. It makes a big difference spending 40hrs a week at a company with people I enjoy working with. Stryker Endoscopy puts out some good products, and I think we have an amazing sales force. I definitely feel secure in my job as well.

Cons

Stryker Endoscopy Only: San Jose Location

We are known to be under paid. If you compare the Salary at Endoscopy versus other companies in the Bay Area our overall salary is low for all positions. They try to compensate through have a good work environment. Also, if you are looking for true mentorship, there is not a lot. The expectation is that you be a self driven learner and learn through experience.

The culture is great, but Stryker Endoscopy should be careful to at least meet a minimum for financial compensation. It can be easy to start wondering when you see co-workers changing companies for 15-25% raises.

Amazingly talented people are what make Stryker a phenomenal place to work!

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people at Stryker are talented, driven, responsible, team focused and supportive. I've had exceptional managers / leaders that have helped me to drive my career forward. There is a focus on individuals' strengths and unique talents when aligning to career goals. If you are driven and willing to put in the effort you can achieve great heights in your career.

Cons

It can be tough to find work life integration / balance, without it you can burn out. For some it can be difficult to "break" in; to be successful in the culture you have to build a trusting network of relationships, without strong relationships it may appear performance is at times under-valued. Advice: build a team of supporters, have lots of fans, and identify your mentors early on.

There are newer employer reviews for Stryker.

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!