Stryker

www.stryker.com
  www.stryker.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

Great.

I have been working at Stryker

Pros

Work life balance. Genuine People.

Cons

Call schedule is terrible.
Management is two faced.

539 Other Employee Reviews for Stryker (View Most Recent)

Different treatment of contractors vs employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Stryker as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of flexibility and autonomy as long as you get your work done. Competitive pay as a contractor. Type "A" personalities do very well. Stryker invests in excellent training in all sorts of categories to allow full-time employees to have the tools to advance their career.

Cons

Stryker likes to bring in young kids fresh out of school and people on work visas so they don't have to pay high salaries for lower level salaried employees. Experienced, older employees are brought in as contractors only. There is no work life balance. The people who succeed have a tendency to be ruthless and will stop at nothing to get ahead.

There is a high turnover at Stryker for a reason. Take a look in the mirror and re-examine how people are treated at all levels. Stop promoting backstabbers who sleep their way up the ranks. It's not a popularity contest. Promote people who are active managers and who can lead by example.

Performance-driven culture where the best can excel and make themselves better.

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Stryker full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people at Stryker are committed to being the best in the industry. That's especially evident in the salesforce. Those that don't thrive on a performance-driven, results-oriented culture will not be happy here and probably will look for opportunities elsewhere eventually. We have great products, but our people differentiate how Stryker is seen in the medical community.

Cons

Not really a con, but Stryker will take everything you're willing to give. It's incumbent on the individual to establish work/life balance, but I've never felt like my Manager has discouraged me from finding that balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Stryker