Stryker
www.stryker.com Portage, MI 5000+ Employees

Senior Principal Software Engineer

Senior Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Portage, MI

ProsIt is in Michigan where I live. Pleasant office environment.

ConsHorrible incompetent backstabbing management. Trivial product - hospital beds and heating pads. No technical future for engineers. Incompetent do-nothing engineering staff. They hire gobs of foreign workers who will work for cheap but who have no skill. Boss is a weak man unable to give face-to-face honest feedback or direction - has to communicate only through formal memos. Gallup driven personality cult.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Gallup. Focus on hiring real engineers, not suck ups. It is not the great place to work that you all think it is. The SWEET team is a sucking blach hole of mismanagement. It shouldn't take five years to put wifi on a hospital bed, or two years to fix an air mattress. Stop outsourcning everything. Stop buying companies and then close theme down and layoff their employees.

Lots of changes at the top.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Fremont, CA

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good people and decent products - desperately needed strong leadership. Cons: Senior management a mess. Too many acquisitions in too short of a… Advice to Senior Management: Settle on senior management - don't leave months and months… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stryker is a good place to work at

Director of Operations (Former Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Stryker 's Brand recognition remains very high Cons: lack diversification strategy outside the orthopedic world. Pay could be better Advice to Senior Management: diversify outside of the ortho world. Branch out into becoming… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Stryker.

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stryker CEO Kevin A. Lobo. All reviews posted anonymously by Stryker employees.