There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

Great for Sales Autonomy and Great Compensation

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pretty much a Pass/Fail atmosphere. Hit your quota and you're left alone to run your territory how you choose. Compensation in Sales is excellent. Great products. Creativity in writing your own proposals and working deals is unrivaled. Customer Service and Marketing Support is strong.

Cons

You are expected to win every deal, every time. Pressure is high. They tend to hire 90% of the same type of rep. Management opportunities and internal growth options are limited. Struggles with back order and long tenured reps definitely get preferential treatment.

500 Other Employee Reviews for Stryker (View Most Recent)

Competitive, driven, results oriented company that strives for excellence in everything they do

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love this company; great leader in Kevin Lobo; going to new heights under his leadership; strong product portfolio. Company has always pushed me to exceed my comfort zone and allows for autonomy in my job. Strong management that allows for indiividuality and self driven personalities. Good earning potential.

Cons

Sometimes we think too straight and narrow and don't allow for all possibilities to be considered.

Great leader in Kevin Lobo; strong benefits, ability to be promoted is strong; internal mobility program is great

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014Director, TA

Kevin Lobo is a great leader that has Stryker on the right track. Our Internal Mobility program allows employees to target specific areas in the company they feel are future areas for growth and ... More

Great place to launch a career

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management's openness and desire to share the company vision and strategic plan with its employees (i.e. a continued focus on acquisitions in revolutionary medical device companies/technology)
    Above average benefits and great earnings potential
    Great culture and relationships among co-workers

Cons

Lack of structure in career development

Keep up the transparency and keep creating that buzz that makes a great culture.
    Focus more on developing internal talent

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014Director, TA

This is a great place to launch a career and we are ramping up our University Recruiting efforts to bring more talented college grads to Stryker. The ability to move laterally or upward is very ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!