Incredible Company

Former Contractor - Quality Engineer in Flower Mound, TX
Former Contractor - Quality Engineer in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at Stryker as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My team was amazing. Very supportive of personal growth. My manager got to know who we were as individuals and used our Gallup personality traits to learn how to work with each of us individually. The work was different every day, which was exciting. There are always new things to learn and new opportunities around the company.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that because there are so many opportunities within the company, people often move around. I have the opportunity to get to know someone, and before I know it, they move on.

Advice to Management

All of the management at Comm were extremely nice. I was an intern/co-op for most of my time with Stryker, but I felt totally comfortable talking with management. That's not something you can experience at most companies.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Life Changing Opportunities Available

Current Employee - Sales Leadership
    Current Employee - Sales Leadership

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people at Stryker are DRIVEN. If you are not, you don't stay long and that's a good thing. 70% of the patients that are admitted to hospitals in the US are touched by a Stryker Product. Stryker has tremendous people in the trenches and a visionary leader in Kevin Lobo. This company has changed my life and the lives of my family. I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to work here.

Cons

Our manufacturing and planning needs to improve. We have an inordinate amount of back orders.

Advice to Management

Continue to be aggressive in your acquisition strategy! Make it easier for our customers to do business with on a daily basis. We should have an online catalog and the ability to place orders online. We are the very best company in Med Tech. Executing on these things will put more distance between us and them.

Stryker is an exceptional growth company that provides strong opportunities for its employees and great products.

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Stryker are all energized to work for the company. Although the workload is substantial, it is much more fun to work in this collaborative environment than at some of my previous companies. It is also refreshing that you are able to count on your peers to complete tasks and drive work on time.

Cons

The interviewing process is a bit over the top. In total, it took several weeks and 6 interviews (not number of people I interviewed with, I am talking total sessions!) for me to get my formal offer. Compensation packages are average, but the stability of the company is a huge plus!