Incredible Company

Former Contractor - Quality Engineer in Flower Mound, TX
Former Contractor - Quality Engineer in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at Stryker as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My team was amazing. Very supportive of personal growth. My manager got to know who we were as individuals and used our Gallup personality traits to learn how to work with each of us individually. The work was different every day, which was exciting. There are always new things to learn and new opportunities around the company.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that because there are so many opportunities within the company, people often move around. I have the opportunity to get to know someone, and before I know it, they move on.

Advice to Management

All of the management at Comm were extremely nice. I was an intern/co-op for most of my time with Stryker, but I felt totally comfortable talking with management. That's not something you can experience at most companies.

Other Employee Reviews for Stryker

1. Competitive, driven, results oriented company that strives for excellence in everything they do

Current Employee - Human Resources in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love this company; great leader in Kevin Lobo; going to new heights under his leadership; strong product portfolio. Company has always pushed me to exceed my comfort zone and allows for autonomy in my job. Strong management that allows for indiividuality and self driven personalities. Good earning potential.

Cons

Sometimes we think too straight and narrow and don't allow for all possibilities to be considered.

Advice to Management

Great leader in Kevin Lobo; strong benefits, ability to be promoted is strong; internal mobility program is great

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014 – Director, TA

Kevin Lobo is a great leader that has Stryker on the right track. Our Internal Mobility program allows employees to target specific areas in the company they feel are future areas for growth and ... More

2. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Trauma Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Trauma Sales Manager

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Culture, everyone in the company has the same DNA....driven to succeed -Provides more selling resources than all competitors -Rewards talent, large corporation.....many options for upward mobility -Strategic acquisitions, continuing to invest in product development while competitors survey the field

Cons

-Large corporation, does not move as quickly as smaller players

Advice to Management

Continue to reward top talent

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014 – Director, TA

Our culture truly defines who we are! We are driven group of people determined to work with our customers to make healthcare better.