Incredible Company

Former Employee - Quality Engineer  in  Flower Mound, TX
Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at Stryker as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

My team was amazing. Very supportive of personal growth. My manager got to know who we were as individuals and used our Gallup personality traits to learn how to work with each of us individually. The work was different every day, which was exciting. There are always new things to learn and new opportunities around the company.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that because there are so many opportunities within the company, people often move around. I have the opportunity to get to know someone, and before I know it, they move on.

All of the management at Comm were extremely nice. I was an intern/co-op for most of my time with Stryker, but I felt totally comfortable talking with management. That's not something you can experience at most companies.

Other Reviews for Stryker

Great for Sales Autonomy and Great Compensation

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pretty much a Pass/Fail atmosphere. Hit your quota and you're left alone to run your territory how you choose. Compensation in Sales is excellent. Great products. Creativity in writing your own proposals and working deals is unrivaled. Customer Service and Marketing Support is strong.

Cons

You are expected to win every deal, every time. Pressure is high. They tend to hire 90% of the same type of rep. Management opportunities and internal growth options are limited. Struggles with back order and long tenured reps definitely get preferential treatment.

Competitive, driven, results oriented company that strives for excellence in everything they do

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love this company; great leader in Kevin Lobo; going to new heights under his leadership; strong product portfolio. Company has always pushed me to exceed my comfort zone and allows for autonomy in my job. Strong management that allows for indiividuality and self driven personalities. Good earning potential.

Cons

Sometimes we think too straight and narrow and don't allow for all possibilities to be considered.

Great leader in Kevin Lobo; strong benefits, ability to be promoted is strong; internal mobility program is great

Stryker Response

Apr 23, 2014Director, TA

Kevin Lobo is a great leader that has Stryker on the right track. Our Internal Mobility program allows employees to target specific areas in the company they feel are future areas for growth and ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Stryker.

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!