Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

Extremely strong culture. Management dedicated to taking care of employees. Great work life balance: you are expected to produce, but lots of flexibility in how you do that. Good purpose. Highly motivated co-workers throughout.

Cons

Certain traits are prized more than others in management roles. Management is way, way above average when it comes to creating a great place to work, but relatively weak at strategy and business decisions. For office roles, you get great quality of life, but the trade-off is lower pay than you might get elsewhere.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, first line manager and supervisors are approachable and generally care about their teams. Encouragement around personal and professional development. It is encouraged for employees to be close and friendly with those on their teams. Benefits are great. Competitive culture really drives people to do better and exceed expectations, but there is still a balance of a true team envornment. I find that mix between the competition and the team oriented nature of Stryker's culture to be truly unique. I think that's what really drives our people.

Cons

Favoritism in some teams holds people who are top performers back from opportunities, there is a lot of talk around development but not a lot of action. We should also become more connected across divisions rather than operating in silos

Advice to Management

We seem to fall short frequently in the compensation piece. Our benefits are great, but I think being a bit more aware of compensation and being more flexible will bring us to the next level. Some managers and directors need more trianing on HOW to manage and develop their teams, this may help in the favoritism area.

2. good company, product that matters

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer

I worked at Stryker full-time

Pros

product that helps people, and good company to work for

Cons

'stated growth goals are unrealistic' says the economy...