There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

A nice place to be.

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Arroyo, PR
Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Arroyo, PR

I worked at Stryker full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A professional environment. Very competitive. A good place to learn. Is a good company to earn a lot of experience in a good environment.

Cons

Move forward to the management.

reviews filtered by

No one actually knows why they're doing what they're doing.

Former Intern - Intern in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Intern - Intern in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Stryker as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, some nice people

Cons

I didn't have an awful time at Stryker, but you have to keep in mind that it is truly mindless work. Employees say they like working at Stryker because they feel like they're "helping people", yet in most positions you're just helping corporate stay out of trouble and make more money. Stryker has some vague mission statement about caring for the customer, but it's really hard to uphold this creed when your job is completely unrelated to any actual medical products. The problem with a large corporation like this is that everyone literally prides themselves on being corporate drones. "I passed the Gallup, I'm a good person" is pretty much the mentality, and everyone brags about their "top 5" characteristics. I really didn't meet anyone who was intelligent enough to not care about such BS. Every conversation I had felt fake, and people walked on eggshells around a problem instead of facing it head on. It's like a creepy movie where everyone fakes a smile and is afraid to say anything negative to another's face. Gossip is encouraged, however-- and as an intern, I always felt uncomfortable on which lines to cross. It was like a much more boring, corporate high school with even more unwritten rules. Not the worst place in the world, but the culture there was just not for me.

Encourage employees to have real conversations with each other. Productivity is definitely lacking among people who are afraid to be honest. It's a stressful environment when employees don't like each other.

2. Customer Care Analyst

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

Great benefits, nice coworkers, hr is involved with company events etc

Cons

Stryker as a whole seems to be okay but since they don't invest appropriately in certain divisions they suffer substantially and so do the customers. This role is actually customer service with very little analytical. lots of fires to put out for the sales and orders, all day you are making orders and transactions. So don't be misguided by the incorrect caviar title to actual sardines.

I don't even know where to start but struggling divisions cant be fixed until executive level management steps in to make changes. Daily battles between customer service, shipping, and sales is counter productive.

There are newer employer reviews for Stryker