There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

Stryker Instruments is the best place to work.

Current Employee - Test Lab Team Supervisor in Kalamazoo, MI
Current Employee - Test Lab Team Supervisor in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Winning attitudes and the satisfied employees who are happy to go to work everyday.

Cons

A lot if type A personalities to deal with.

Advice to Management

They are doing an outstanding job. HR can slow things to a crawl so if you can work out that detail Top 100 will easily move to Top 10!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Stryker

1. My experience at Stryker was one of the most challenging, fast paced, yet rewarding, experiences I have ever had

Current Intern - Engineering Intern in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Intern - Engineering Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Stryker as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are incredibly helpful and all want you to succeed. The environment is fact paced and forces you to learn and do as much as you can in the shortest amount of time to optimize both your time and the companies. The company focus on each person's individual strengths and looks at helping you grow in the areas that you're good at and focuses little on the things that you struggle with. One of the most positive, exciting, uplifting places that I've ever worked at!

Cons

The pro's can also be considered con's. Since the environment is so fact paced it can be a struggle to learn so much in such a short amount of time. There is not that much the company prepares for you to integrate/transition you into the job, you're rather just thrown into the position which can be difficult but also helps you to grow professionally as well as personally.

2. Stick with the Fremont, CA branch and you'll be fine

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Stryker full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits are decent. The annual 401K contribution that the company drops into your account in one large chunk is a major plus.

Cons

The West Valley City, UT and Mahwah, NJ branches contain the most disorganized processes I have ever seen in my 20+ year career. There is constant scrambling and pressure to produce unnecessary reports, endless mind-numbing meetings which accomplish absolutely nothing other than stroking exec managements rampant egos, and it is such a toxic environment that they have recently lost many long-time employees. This company preaches Gallup but the negativity, thanklessness, and complete lack of appreciation for even large successes at the local level is staggering. No amount of pay is worth enduring the passive-aggressive leadership, abundant negativity, and completely demoralizing environment.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter. As long as all the numbers look good to the investors, they will continue to turn a blind eye to the issues at the local level.