There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

Stryker Instruments is the best place to work.

Current Employee - Test Lab Team Supervisor in Kalamazoo, MI
Current Employee - Test Lab Team Supervisor in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Winning attitudes and the satisfied employees who are happy to go to work everyday.

Cons

A lot if type A personalities to deal with.

Advice to Management

They are doing an outstanding job. HR can slow things to a crawl so if you can work out that detail Top 100 will easily move to Top 10!!!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. My experience at Stryker was one of the most challenging, fast paced, yet rewarding, experiences I have ever had

Current Intern - Engineering Intern in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Intern - Engineering Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Stryker as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are incredibly helpful and all want you to succeed. The environment is fact paced and forces you to learn and do as much as you can in the shortest amount of time to optimize both your time and the companies. The company focus on each person's individual strengths and looks at helping you grow in the areas that you're good at and focuses little on the things that you struggle with. One of the most positive, exciting, uplifting places that I've ever worked at!

Cons

The pro's can also be considered con's. Since the environment is so fact paced it can be a struggle to learn so much in such a short amount of time. There is not that much the company prepares for you to integrate/transition you into the job, you're rather just thrown into the position which can be difficult but also helps you to grow professionally as well as personally.

Great way to gain experience quickly, but pay is 1/3 less than comparable positions

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Stryker (More than 3 years)

Pros

High emphasis on a fun work culture and team building. Innovation and new ideas to get things done are welcome and valued usually. There is a strong belief that talent trumps skills (ie that successful and driven individuals can take on new tasks and job roles) and the upside is that most roles will allow you learn widely what might take you years to gain experience in at other companies.

Cons

Overly competitive, numbers based work culture that often led to shortcuts and passing problems down stream in the work flow. The fun work culture sometimes made it difficult when you're one of the few team members that have a family. Certainly there's a feeling that certain individuals are "in" and rising stars and others ignored or frozen in their career path, leading to a very fierce competition to be on the inside. When I left the company I found out that I was able to make 40% more in a less demanding position at another company and others even more.