Subway

www.subway.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Subway

It's a great environment to work.

I have been working at Subway

Pros

Friendly customers often visit the restaurant.

Cons

Pays minimum wage and have never recieved a bonus or raise.

Keep making those sandwiches.

1377 Other Employee Reviews for Subway (View Most Recent)

Good for part time work while in school

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist
    Former Employee - Sandwich Artist

I worked at Subway

Pros

The job is very easy to learn, the training can be completed in three shifts. Also there was discounted food for each full shift worked.

Cons

This is a low end minimum wage job which doesn't have any benefits or room to advance. There was a very high turnover rate at my store because of this. There was a raise promised after 6 months of working there which was never given to any of the employees. I was there for 10 months and told it was no longer in their budget. This place is one step above Mcdonald's because we didn't have to deal with grease but other than that it is basically a McJob.

There is a complete misalignment between management and the stores. Management sees labor as a cost not an asset thus employees are paid minimum wage with no room to grow. Maybe offer employees small raises in order to retain competent workers.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Subway

Pros

I had a great management team, a great owner, and great co-workers. The hours were flexible, and there was excellent communication from the higher-ups.

Cons

The only one I can think of would be the lingering smell on your clothes ;) Otherwise, I can't think of any downside.

Schedule regular employee evaluations and give raises if warranted. Some of the employees I knew who had been there for four years were only making 5 cents more an hour than me when I first got hired, and they weren't happy about that since they could pretty much run the store by that point.

There are newer employer reviews for Subway