Subway

www.subway.com

Going to depend on your franchise owner

Store Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsAs the title says, what its like to work for Subway depends a lot on the franchise owner. The owner of my Subway gives me very flexible hours and lets me eat however much food I want and lets me give close friends and family free food, while have a very casual relationship with the employees, and is generally a great person to work for.

ConsNot every franchise owner is as nice as mine. Some only give a discount on food for the employee and are very strict. In almost all cases, the pay is minimum wage, and you're not likely to receive any benefits such as health care, sick/vacation pay, etc. Some owners are strict and will fire someone at the drop of a hat, while others will let things slide.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people and respect them and don't make them fear you, and you will have happy employees that are more willing to do favors like covering shifts.

Good place to work

Subway Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Subway part-time for less than a year

Pros: The work is easy to pick up and the people… Cons: Sometimes it can get very busy and you have to… Advice to Senior Management: keep it up! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Previous Worker

Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) Lansing, MI

I worked at Subway part-time for less than a year

Pros: It was busy so time went by quickly Customers were generally nice Work environment was cleaner and not greasy Co workers were friendly and… Cons: I had a terrible manager uneven work load ,,night people… Advice to Senior Management: Hire better managers . Dont hire managers that have best friends within the crew, this creates unfairness. Upper management should come in and check… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Subway.

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!