There are newer employer reviews for Subway

Could be better

Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Subway full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Subway is a great company to work for. I've only been managing for a short time and I love it. The pay is equivalent to the amount of work I have to do. It's fun to get to know the good customers.

Cons

Working at a Walmart location is by far probably the worst place anyone could work at a Subway. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The reason for that is the customers. It's a very different crowd. I would say a majority of them are crabby, rude, or have never been to a Subway in their life. It can be frustrating at times. They act like you're ripping them off. Must be from being in Walmart.
Also the job can be demanding at times.

Come up with new ideas for sandwiches. We haven't had a good new one in a long time. Get those ideas from people who work in the stores, because it seems like all the new things lately are coming from someone who's never even worked in one. They are not always the most practical ideas.

1136 Other Employee Reviews for Subway (View Most Recent)

sandwich maker

Former Employee - Sandwich Maker in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sandwich Maker in Miami, FL

I worked at Subway full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

free food fresh made by me with little effort .

Cons

they pay was terrible my coworkers we nice

cant print what i would tell them face to face

Its ok..

Current Employee - Sandwich Artist in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sandwich Artist in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Subway full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

well if you get hired at a subway where they aren't not strict, its cool. you pretty much chill and just do what you normally do and get paid.

Cons

some subways don't offer "subway university" , its really some website where you take online "classes" and get the opportunity to get pay raises. some owners don't participate in that, thus making it harder to get a raise. if your subway is really strict, its going to suck working there. generally your co-workers are cool but.. not always.

like management really cares. I've actually sat down with Fred DeLuca once, its seems he cares about his business but there is really no connection between him and us sandwich artists.subway could be a better place if a little attention was drawn to the sandwich artist. almost every manager i worked for did care about the customers etc..

There are newer employer reviews for Subway