Basic Sandwhich Shop Job

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Subway part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very easy and straight forwarded. Ingredients are posted right infront of you in case your ever forget. You never have to work late nights. Free 6 inch sandwhich every time you work.

Cons

Slammed during lunch or dinner. Customers can be rude or picky (I guess you can say this for every resturant job) so you have to have thick skin. Low pay (min. wage). Other employee may not be as professional as you.

Advice to Management

Better pay. Subway's are extremly profitable. You should be able to share the wealth a little better.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Could be better

Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Subway full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Subway is a great company to work for. I've only been managing for a short time and I love it. The pay is equivalent to the amount of work I have to do. It's fun to get to know the good customers.

Cons

Working at a Walmart location is by far probably the worst place anyone could work at a Subway. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The reason for that is the customers. It's a very different crowd. I would say a majority of them are crabby, rude, or have never been to a Subway in their life. It can be frustrating at times. They act like you're ripping them off. Must be from being in Walmart. Also the job can be demanding at times.

Advice to Management

Come up with new ideas for sandwiches. We haven't had a good new one in a long time. Get those ideas from people who work in the stores, because it seems like all the new things lately are coming from someone who's never even worked in one. They are not always the most practical ideas.

2. Great door into Customer Service and Business.

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Hillsborough, NC
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Hillsborough, NC

I have been working at Subway part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with a small-town franchisee, I got to learn important aspects of business ownership. Working with customers face-to-face is a great experience which can open many doors in a plethora of jobs with huge advancement opportunities.

Cons

As an entry-level job, one shouldn't expect pay rates much over minimum wage. If you aren't good with people, this is not the job for you. Also, it is food service. many people aren't cut for the strict requirements and stresses involved.

Advice to Management

Work on promotions which don't only consist of a new combination of the meats which are already available. The Tuscan Chicken is so popular because it's something different. Our regulars love a new surprise at the beginning of the month.