Subway

There are newer employer reviews for Subway

Basic Sandwhich Shop Job

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Subway part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very easy and straight forwarded. Ingredients are posted right infront of you in case your ever forget. You never have to work late nights. Free 6 inch sandwhich every time you work.

Cons

Slammed during lunch or dinner. Customers can be rude or picky (I guess you can say this for every resturant job) so you have to have thick skin. Low pay (min. wage). Other employee may not be as professional as you.

Better pay. Subway's are extremly profitable. You should be able to share the wealth a little better.

1306 Other Employee Reviews for Subway (View Most Recent)

Enjoyable High School job not much more.

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Buchanan, NY
    Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Buchanan, NY

I worked at Subway part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Commute, effort required, impact upon schedule, ability to work multiple positions. Good bosses, though.

Cons

Working with peoples food you begin to understand why people want to get out of the industry immediately.

It would be much easier to care about the company if you paid more but I understand that it is a food services position so it comes with the territory. Stock options instead?

Great door into Customer Service and Business.

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Hillsborough, NC
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Hillsborough, NC

I have been working at Subway part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with a small-town franchisee, I got to learn important aspects of business ownership. Working with customers face-to-face is a great experience which can open many doors in a plethora of jobs with huge advancement opportunities.

Cons

As an entry-level job, one shouldn't expect pay rates much over minimum wage. If you aren't good with people, this is not the job for you. Also, it is food service. many people aren't cut for the strict requirements and stresses involved.

Work on promotions which don't only consist of a new combination of the meats which are already available. The Tuscan Chicken is so popular because it's something different. Our regulars love a new surprise at the beginning of the month.

There are newer employer reviews for Subway