There are newer employer reviews for Subway

worked 4 stores at a time (in one place) subway was the main store

Former Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist  in  Camarillo, CA
Former Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Camarillo, CA

I worked at Subway part-time for less than a year

Pros

It was a learning experience, but you get that from every job and bring it to the next!

Cons

horrible! no good! didnt give me hours that I deserved I literally worked 6 hrs a week if i got lucky

Be fair and actully take the time aside to teach/train employees correctly how to do things.

1088 Other Employee Reviews for Subway (View Most Recent)

Great door into Customer Service and Business.

Current Employee - Shift Leader  in  Hillsborough, NC
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Hillsborough, NC

I have been working at Subway part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with a small-town franchisee, I got to learn important aspects of business ownership. Working with customers face-to-face is a great experience which can open many doors in a plethora of jobs with huge advancement opportunities.

Cons

As an entry-level job, one shouldn't expect pay rates much over minimum wage. If you aren't good with people, this is not the job for you. Also, it is food service. many people aren't cut for the strict requirements and stresses involved.

Work on promotions which don't only consist of a new combination of the meats which are already available. The Tuscan Chicken is so popular because it's something different. Our regulars love a new surprise at the beginning of the month.

Could be better

Current Employee - Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Subway full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Subway is a great company to work for. I've only been managing for a short time and I love it. The pay is equivalent to the amount of work I have to do. It's fun to get to know the good customers.

Cons

Working at a Walmart location is by far probably the worst place anyone could work at a Subway. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The reason for that is the customers. It's a very different crowd. I would say a majority of them are crabby, rude, or have never been to a Subway in their life. It can be frustrating at times. They act like you're ripping them off. Must be from being in Walmart.
    Also the job can be demanding at times.

Come up with new ideas for sandwiches. We haven't had a good new one in a long time. Get those ideas from people who work in the stores, because it seems like all the new things lately are coming from someone who's never even worked in one. They are not always the most practical ideas.

There are newer employer reviews for Subway

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!