Roseville-CA

Current Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Roseville, CA
Current Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Subway part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very friendly, kind, and accepting

Cons

At mine, Not a lot of people help you cover when you can't make it too a shift. Often people come in sick because they cannot find anyone to cover. Also they are really disorganized but, it's understandable considering we just got a new owner. I've been there 3 or 4 months and I still haven't learned a lot of stuff (But that was the last owners fault) Slowly I'm starting to learn the ropes, all over it's a very nice business to work for.

Advice to Management

Make the cheese's less sticky, there hard to get apart, and send the tomatoes quicker they spoil and we end up wasting a ton of them.

Other Employee Reviews for Subway

Easy job but extremely stressful and under appreciated.

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Warren, MI

I have been working at Subway part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My manager and co workers are amazing that is pretty much the only highlight of the job. The only other being the regulars that I and the other girls have come to have.

Cons

There are no full time positions. Though if you are a Manager, Assistant Manager,Opener/Closer you get 30+ hours but are still considered part time. No paid vacation or sick days. Everyone is under paid. Only 50% off select food no more free sandwiches. Working alone for up to 4 hours at night (sometimes more if we are slow). Not that great when you are a young women and you happen to get a rush. Under appreciated for all the work you do. Can't be promoted if going to school (college). Extremely hard to move up in this company.

2. Good part-time employment

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Worthington, IN
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Worthington, IN

I worked at Subway part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had great learning experience since it was my first job, they taught me many of the things that employees should do at their job. I worked there in high school so I had a pretty lenient schedule as a student and participating in school activities.

Cons

Some of the employees were not professional about their jobs and would often show up late of not at all, I personally believe that no matter the position you hold you should take it seriously.

Advice to Management

Make your employees more reliable by having discipline for showing up late or not at all, make it mandatory that all employees follow the sanitary rules and regulations.