There are newer employer reviews for Subway

Very easy

I worked at Subway part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is an easy high school or after high school job..depending on the location. It can either be busy or have random customers come in every once in a while.

Cons

Can get a little stressful depending on location of chain. Lunch hours can get very busy.

reviews filtered by
  1. Don't work here. Work anywhere else but here.

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Subway part-time (less than a year)

Pros

None BTW food is NOT free in my former location. In most restaurantsemployees pay half price and ONLY when they are working.

Cons

No breaks after 8 hours. Next to impossible to do one thing at a time. Everyone does everything all the time no title except for managers. Nepotism. Franchises follow their own rules

Hire ppl who aren't related Hire more ppl who aren't using drugs. Stick to protocol all the time not just when regional managers are there. Have more ppl working per shift. Hire a prep person and don't have counter ppl running back and forth. PS You can hire all those celebrities to promote your stores and run a zillion annoying commercials per hour but can't pay more than minimum wage to start? Privately owned local restaurants pay more to start. Arbys pays more to start.

2. I am a Shift Lead, Senior Sandwich Artist, and Sandwich Artist

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Denver, CO

I have been working at Subway full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I got the time off that I needed because I did so well and pleased the manager.

Cons

There are NO benefits if you work at Subway. My manager wasn't the best. I didn't know my schedule until about a day or two before the start of the week. It is because of that that I wasn't able to make very many plans (both educationally and socially).

Please, be involved with the team. Don't just deligate and think you can do whatever because you are the manager. You have no idea how important it is to be involved if you're a manager. Make sure the employees know their schedule in an ample amount of time (probably two weeks in advance, if at all possible)

There are newer employer reviews for Subway