There are newer employer reviews for Subway

The Subway Sandwich Artist Job

Former Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Boise, ID
Former Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Boise, ID

I worked at Subway full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun, Easy, Fast Paced, Easy. In all seriousness though, it is a perfect first job.

Cons

I didn't notice any downsides.

Take your job more seriously and treat employees how you would want to be treated.

reviews filtered by
  1. Sandwich Artist

Former Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Oceana, WV
    Former Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Oceana, WV

I worked at Subway full-time (less than a year)

Pros

At Subway employees get a free lunch, flexible hours, and overall it is a very easy job, especially for high school students.

Cons

I am not sure if it is corporate wide or not, but at the Subway I worked at management did absolutely nothing and let older employees do anything they want. There would be 15 customers in line with me and another girl working and an older employee would not be on break but would be sitting around doing nothing but chatting to the manager...the fact that she didn't get off work for another 3 hours was pretty annoying as she didn't get in trouble.

Monitor your managers more closely. The manager where I worked embezzled money for years before she was caught. In the long time I worked there I never saw the district manager.

2. Wonderful company and a pretty great first job

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Subway full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Assistant manager pay is quite wonderful, health benefits included; dental, eye and health, the workers were fun (college town) lots of young people, and the owner's were literally the nicest people I've ever met.

Cons

High stress situations can sometimes cause' "internal fights", Day-shift/Night-shift rivalries can be a bit over dramatic sometimes it felt like I was still in High-School.

Don't ever change!