Subway
www.subway.com Milford, CT 500 to 999 Employees

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Hernando, MS

ProsYou are provided with an environment in which you learn how to deal with customers and plan your work activities based on customer volume which teaches you interpersonal and time management skills. I would recommend everyone work at a fast-food place at least once in their life.

ConsThe majority of customers are jerks and your coworkers tend to not be the best people to have to work with. This is true for most fast-food places I feel.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways make sure to train your employees in every aspect of their job. From my experience, when something isn't done right it is due to a lack of knowledge.

I am a Shift Lead, Senior Sandwich Artist, and Sandwich Artist

Shift Leader (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Subway full-time for less than a year

Pros: I got the time off that I needed because I… Cons: There are NO benefits if you work at Subway. My manager wasn't the best. I didn't know my schedule until about a day or… Advice to Senior Management: Please, be involved with the team. Don't just deligate and think you can do whatever because you are the manager. You have no idea how… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There is no room for "outside the box" thinking.

Sandwich Artist (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I worked at Subway part-time for less than a year

Pros: They offer very flexible scheduling, and it's not hard work.… Cons: They expect you to work like an assembly line machine, but creating personalized sandwiches makes this almost impossible.… Advice to Senior Management: Loosen the reigns a little bit. Give your employees a little more wiggle room to customize a sandwich more appropriately to a customer's… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Subway.

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Subway reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Subway CEO Fred DeLuca. All reviews posted anonymously by Subway employees.