Meh

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hernando, MS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hernando, MS

I worked at Subway part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are provided with an environment in which you learn how to deal with customers and plan your work activities based on customer volume which teaches you interpersonal and time management skills. I would recommend everyone work at a fast-food place at least once in their life.

Cons

The majority of customers are jerks and your coworkers tend to not be the best people to have to work with. This is true for most fast-food places I feel.

Advice to Management

Always make sure to train your employees in every aspect of their job. From my experience, when something isn't done right it is due to a lack of knowledge.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I am a Shift Lead, Senior Sandwich Artist, and Sandwich Artist

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Denver, CO

I have been working at Subway full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got the time off that I needed because I did so well and pleased the manager.

Cons

There are NO benefits if you work at Subway. My manager wasn't the best. I didn't know my schedule until about a day or two before the start of the week. It is because of that that I wasn't able to make very many plans (both educationally and socially).

Advice to Management

Please, be involved with the team. Don't just deligate and think you can do whatever because you are the manager. You have no idea how important it is to be involved if you're a manager. Make sure the employees know their schedule in an ample amount of time (probably two weeks in advance, if at all possible)

2. There is no room for "outside the box" thinking.

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Subway part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer very flexible scheduling, and it's not hard work. They pay competitively, and aren't too strict on time off requests.

Cons

They expect you to work like an assembly line machine, but creating personalized sandwiches makes this almost impossible. There is also a very high turnover rate, meaning you aren't likely to have long-term coworkers, or management.

Advice to Management

Loosen the reigns a little bit. Give your employees a little more wiggle room to customize a sandwich more appropriately to a customer's wishes. Also, stop instilling a mindset in your employees that a sloppy sandwich made quickly is better than a perfect sandwich made slowly.