Subway

There are newer employer reviews for Subway

Sandwich Artist

Current Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in San Dimas, CA
Current Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in San Dimas, CA

I have been working at Subway part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I think it was a great job to start. Not too demanding, but no real opportunity to move up.

Cons

you smell of mayo and olives after work.

1227 Other Employee Reviews for Subway (View Most Recent)

100% fast food experience: expect the worst

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist
    Former Employee - Sandwich Artist

I worked at Subway part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get basically a free sub every day and free drinks. Tips are always nice.

Cons

The customers can be very rude; but depending on the roll of the dice, your manager can be even ruder--such was the case with my experience. It was my first job and my manager basically insulted me the whole time, so I quit after 2 weeks.

Also the food service itself can be very stressful, especially when having to do rushes by yourself, which you will have to do within a few weeks of working there. What's so stressful about it? Well that's having to make every single sandwich while dealing with a pair of eyes watching your every move (and mistake.) At least at McDonald's you don't make burgers in the front.

Basically, with this job you'll either pick it up and do okay (if you have past fast food experience likely) or you'll fall horribly behind. But if you are considering this for your first job, look somewhere else--the perks are not worth it.

Good for the high school kids

Former Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in Neenah, WI

I worked at Subway part-time (more than an year)

Pros

For a first job, I really liked working for a franchise. I knew exactly who I was working for. Flexible schedule to my after school activities. Christmas bonuses were great! Fun contests kept the same daily grind interesting.

Cons

It was a dead end job, no room for advancement. There was only two people ahead of the sandwich artists. Store manager and Franchise owner, no room for anyone else. But as a high school kid, who cares.

Should look into drug testing. I NEVER engaged in the activities but co workers smoked pot behind dumpster and in the cooler since there was a constant fan running to the outside.

There are newer employer reviews for Subway