There are newer employer reviews for Subway

Sandwich Artist

Current Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in San Dimas, CA
Current Employee - Subway Sandwich Artist in San Dimas, CA

I have been working at Subway part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I think it was a great job to start. Not too demanding, but no real opportunity to move up.

Cons

you smell of mayo and olives after work.

reviews filtered by
  1. 100% fast food experience: expect the worst

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist
    Former Employee - Sandwich Artist

I worked at Subway part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get basically a free sub every day and free drinks. Tips are always nice.

Cons

The customers can be very rude; but depending on the roll of the dice, your manager can be even ruder--such was the case with my experience. It was my first job and my manager basically insulted me the whole time, so I quit after 2 weeks.

Also the food service itself can be very stressful, especially when having to do rushes by yourself, which you will have to do within a few weeks of working there. What's so stressful about it? Well that's having to make every single sandwich while dealing with a pair of eyes watching your every move (and mistake.) At least at McDonald's you don't make burgers in the front.

Basically, with this job you'll either pick it up and do okay (if you have past fast food experience likely) or you'll fall horribly behind. But if you are considering this for your first job, look somewhere else--the perks are not worth it.

2. You will work hard and complete shift lead duties but never get paid as one.

Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Richfield, MN
    Former Employee - Sandwich Artist in Richfield, MN

I worked at Subway part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good like-minded coworkers at each branch I've worked in.

Cons

No where to grow, minimum wage, small raises, do shift lead and manager duties, close alone, and not get paid to do so.

There are newer employer reviews for Subway