Success Academy Charter Schools

www.successcareers.org
  www.successcareers.org
There are newer employer reviews for Success Academy Charter Schools

Not fulfilling, will not help you with career.

Former Employee - Math Curriculum and Assessment Intern in New York, NY
Former Employee - Math Curriculum and Assessment Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Success Academy is a growing network and is rapidly expanding.

Friendly working environment.

The work you do impacts many schools and children's education.

Cons

I worked exceptionally hard and efficient, and they rewarded me by not hiring me after the internship ended saying "There was not enough work to be done". There was not enough work to be done because I completed all the tasks. 1 month later surprisingly they found enough work again to open up the position.

They will not give you reference letter, its against company policy.

You spend days working on projects that they themselves do not want to work on. Some of which include creating thousands of addition and subtraction problems.

You're supposed to work with the Math team however they are never in the office, and you are left alone to do meaningless tasks.

You get paid terribly, and not treated as part of the company or team.

They exclude interns from meetings, both company and team.

Terrible pay despite working you to the bone.

Recognize talent and hard work. Be honest about work performance instead of hiding behind HR.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Success Academy Charter Schools (View Most Recent)

Demanding and rewarding internship

Former Employee - Intern, Teacher Development in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern, Teacher Development in New York, NY

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The organization is full of passionate, energetic, and talented people. Everyone is pushed to grow and learn through their work. There is a strong culture which everyone subscribes to. As an intern, you are given real responsibilities, and the team is willing to accommodate your interests/talents when assigning tasks. The team cares a lot about making sure you learn and grow as a person, not just about cranking out products. My team interacted with many different other teams within SA, so I had the chance to learn about a lot of different sides of the organization, including curriculum, pedagogy, and school management.

Cons

This was a demanding internship - some early mornings and late nights. It is worth it if you're willing to make the effort, but you can't phone it in just because it's summer. Some might find the intense organizational culture overwhelming, but this is standard among high performing charter schools and ed reform organizations, and it's there for a reason.

Be open to feedback from throughout the ranks. Define the organization less by its political positions and more by its academic achievements.

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Director of Photography in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director of Photography in New York, NY

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Success Academy is an amazing charter school program and I was able to capture meaningful video topics, discussions, and seminars.

Cons

Some topics were controversial to the NYC school system.

There are newer employer reviews for Success Academy Charter Schools