Teaching at success academies

Current Employee - First Grade Lead Teacher in New York, NY
Current Employee - First Grade Lead Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a teacher at Success Academies, I am provided with the opportunity to teach at the highest level possible. We are given tons of supplies and resources to use in order to prepare and engage our students in lessons. I am always pushed to do better and as a result, my kids reach the highest of standards in every subject area. Principals are supportive of teachers and spend majority of their time giving feedback and meeting with grade teams in order to improve teacher practice. We are given tons of professional development throughout the year where we get the chance to ask questions and prepare for upcoming units. Teaching at Success is definitely hard work but with a little dedication comes great rewards. I would not choose any other school to be a part of!

Cons

Must be dedicated to the overall mission of the school. Takes a lot of hard work and diligence to keep up with the demands.

Other Employee Reviews for Success Academy Charter Schools

Great place to work if your desire is to close the achievement gap and create quality schools for all children.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited resources, Friendly Staff, Supportive Leadership, Career growth opportunities

Cons

Some parents aren't invested in their scholar's education.

Advice to Management

The most successful members of upper management know their employees strengths and support / help improve their weaknesses.

2. Really high stress, really high rewards.

Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of support, resources, engaged parents, career growth opportunities

Cons

Inexperienced leadership, high teacher turnover, shifting priorities, low teacher morale