There are newer employer reviews for SuccessFactors

Of the people, for the people? Not quite...

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SuccessFactors

Pros

The people! Company has some of the best and brightest working there. Great teamwork atmosphere and a great product. There are still some members of the executive team that helped the company grow from early stage startup whose drive for results and actions keep the company going. Used to be a major focus on customer success so long-term clients are very happy. Huge focus on career development and learning (depends on department).

Cons

The people. Company started hiring anyone that worked at Oracle after IPO. Low performers can stay forever even in sales as long as they politic with their boss or know someone that came in with new senior management. Mission is put quarterly calls first, customer and employee satisfaction not essential. Merit and bonuses promised but delayed. Providing new ideas only allowed with proper title. Talent hoarding occurs often in departments.

Switch politics with performance. Or vice versa.

217 Other Employee Reviews for SuccessFactors (View Most Recent)

The culture is changing, and not for the better.

Current Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors

Pros

There is always someone willing to help you out when you need it. The product works and shows well. I honestly feel that the products really do benefit our customers.

Cons

Since the layoff's, there has been too much pressure put on those that are left. There were some poor performers let go, but not all were let go because they were "bottom" performers. Management continued to hire aggressively, courting people away from other secure jobs, only to be laid off 6-8 weeks after they were hired. It was the attitude of "they didn't have to accept the offer" attitude that was a real eye opener. Culture is changing to a "watch your back" type of culture like SAP, Oracle, and Deloitte.

Make sure the culture doesn't turn into a "watch your back" type of place to work. It makes me nervous when new management from SAP, Oracle, etc. are stepping in. There is a reason customers hate those companies. Don't let SuccessFactors become one of them.

No support for mission of: fostering innovation, teamwork, passion for customers and the focus on execution

Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SuccessFactors

Pros

I like the software and the talent management work I did there; I was trained on their new products and was heavily involved with its testing prior to lay off. So great!... while it lasted.

Cons

You can say its a great culture; but in the end they did not support their creed of: fostering innovation, teamwork, passion for customers and the focus on execution.

No A$$HOLE rule should apply to management (Lars) and it does not; also and there really is no senior management, just followers of Lars edicts

There are newer employer reviews for SuccessFactors