SuccessFactors

www.successfactors.com
There are newer employer reviews for SuccessFactors

Very positive and uplifting environment!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced culture with many opportunities for employees! The executive management team is very forthcoming with information. SuccessFactors promotes a can-do attitude and strives to make their employees feel appreciated! (A very nice change from my previous company!)

Cons

Large global organization, so it is often difficult to meet everyone.

Keep up the great work! SuccessFactors ROCKS! Continue to believe in your employees and treat them with respect.

236 Other Employee Reviews for SuccessFactors (View Most Recent)

High Turnover Rate for a Reason

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cool Product that can impact an organization
    Good coin for reps who perform

Cons

When a company professes its tenets on placards all over the walls, it's code for "We'll get great press for these, but that's not really what we're like." Zero work-life balance (unless you consider 60-70 hours/week acceptable) and one of the most political environments I've ever seen. Recruiters will quote you a much lower turnover rate than what really exists. It was a good company "in the early days" but changed as it got bigger and went public.

Encourage and reward cooperation internally; build bridges instead of dams.

"No Jerks Policy"

Current Employee - RSM in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - RSM in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

SuccessFactors is a leader in the market with a rich parent supporting our efforts. When the machine is lubricated and in motion, it's next to impossible to stop the momentum. Very powerful! Listening to the CEO, Lars and Bill is inspirational and they have a great way of motivating you to believe you can do it (whatever "it" is).

Cons

I normally don't rant like this but I am sooooo disappointment in my Kool-aide high going down and what the real deal is that I had to tell you to beware of the hype. Just because they have a "No Jerks" policy and it's on the way means absolutely nothing.

This is a Performance Management Company that doesn't even use their own tools and consequently, there is no true goal alignment, employees feel disengaged and under-valued, and the moral is low. Training at SF is a bootcamp where 65% of the material is irrelevant to your actual job and then they have you do a volunteer event to feel warm and fuzzy. You're then expected to get all the training you need from outdated recorded sessions and everyone is too busy to actually answer your questions. To top it off, selling a product where the implementation may/may not go well and the customer service leaves much to be desired causes the sales reps to questions the integrity of what they're selling to customers.

Low work-life balance and sales team is stressed out because management bullies them with territory re-assignments and micromanagement. There is a WFH policy however it is only given to some sales reps while others are forced to be in the office (favortism). These under-performing same reps are also allowed to build up existing accounts while others are all net new. Solution Consultants that want to be sales reps fight against supporting the sales team the way they need it and management hasn't figured out how to make the relationship work. The successfactors' sales team cannot tell you that they honestly have a clue what direction the company is headed, it's the end of Q1 and no comp plan has been shared (wtf!), and the finance team can't get the commissions right.

Let's really start "drinking our own champagne"
    Stop being jerks!
    Stop Micromanaging
    Stop the favortism and politics of fighting over bread crumbs.
    figure out that your CRM was wayyyyy better with Salesforce.com and drop the crap you're using today. Lastly, try communicating with the employees (for real this time) and give them a chance to have a voice in how their job/life will be impacted.

There are newer employer reviews for SuccessFactors