SuccessFactors

www.successfactors.com

Dog-eat-dog culture.

Former Employee (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsI was a former employee at Plateau when we were bought by SuccessFactors. SuccessFactors is a large company with good benefits. The company seems to be very successful and the people I worked with were mostly great, but most of them were former Plateau employees. As Plateau was a good company witha lot of smart, great people, SuccessFactors benefitted by buying Plateau from a personnel standpoint.

ConsAs I was a Plateau employee, when we were bought by SuccessFactors, the culture of the company changed almost immediately. The unspoken motto of this company seems to be "throw someone under the bus before they have a chance to throw you." Lots of arrogance, fingerpointing, desperation with little accountability. During our first meeting with our new parent company, the management/execs there from SuccessFactors seemed to be excited about the company but none of it seemed genuine. It was even a little cultish. Also, they have this liberal leave policy where you don't have a set number of Paid Time Off hours. Instead, you ask your supervisor if you can take time off and then you have to make sure your job is being done while you're on vacation, even if that means doing your job on vacation. They try to sell it as this wonderful benefit but, in truth, they just don't want to pay out accrued vacation time to employees who resign.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe real with employees. Be accountable. Allow employees to have personal lives without expecting them to sacrifice everything to the god of SuccessFactors.

Exciting culture with great benefits

Platinum Support Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Career opportunities are plentiful and the work is exciting. Their management team is very inclusive and supportive. … Cons: Due to the start-up culture that has driven SF to excellence, all employees pull more than their full… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great people, but a company like any other...

Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time for more than a year

Pros: Beautiful applications that can really add value to an organization. SAP is fully on board and investing in SuccessFactors. Great people to work with… Cons: Don't really practice what they preach. Like every other company out there, there is a lot of CYA.… Advice to Senior Management: Take inventory, use your own applications and find your top performers and reward them appropriately.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SuccessFactors.

Worked for SuccessFactors? Contribute to the Community!