Dog-eat-dog culture.

Former Employee - Former Employee in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Former Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a former employee at Plateau when we were bought by SuccessFactors. SuccessFactors is a large company with good benefits. The company seems to be very successful and the people I worked with were mostly great, but most of them were former Plateau employees. As Plateau was a good company witha lot of smart, great people, SuccessFactors benefitted by buying Plateau from a personnel standpoint.

Cons

As I was a Plateau employee, when we were bought by SuccessFactors, the culture of the company changed almost immediately. The unspoken motto of this company seems to be "throw someone under the bus before they have a chance to throw you." Lots of arrogance, fingerpointing, desperation with little accountability. During our first meeting with our new parent company, the management/execs there from SuccessFactors seemed to be excited about the company but none of it seemed genuine. It was even a little cultish. Also, they have this liberal leave policy where you don't have a set number of Paid Time Off hours. Instead, you ask your supervisor if you can take time off and then you have to make sure your job is being done while you're on vacation, even if that means doing your job on vacation. They try to sell it as this wonderful benefit but, in truth, they just don't want to pay out accrued vacation time to employees who resign.

Advice to Management

Be real with employees. Be accountable. Allow employees to have personal lives without expecting them to sacrifice everything to the god of SuccessFactors.

Other Employee Reviews for SuccessFactors

Exciting culture with great benefits

Current Employee - Platinum Support Account Manager
    Current Employee - Platinum Support Account Manager

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Career opportunities are plentiful and the work is exciting. Their management team is very inclusive and supportive. The compensation and benefits packages are very rewarding. Many positions are virtual opportunities and work remotely from home.

Cons

Due to the start-up culture that has driven SF to excellence, all employees pull more than their full share of the workload. Long hours, day and night...this combined with customer demand really kill the work/life balance.

Good culture - but be wary!

Current Contractor - Finance Department in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Finance Department in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great start up feel for such a huge organization. Middle management teams are decent and tend to be hard working and supportive of their direct reports. The pay is market consistent and benefits include free lunch 3 days a week, on site gym and shuttle service. Facilities are beautiful!

Cons

Upper management is terrible, not interested in employee satisfaction or human asset retention. Lars is almost unbearable as a CEO and has lost touch with the reality of who is actually doing the work to support the company. He spends more time name dropping and talking about his private helicopter than paying attention to the actual company. Contractors are not turned over to employees because it pads the per capita revenue numbers.

Advice to Management

Hire people! You lose the best of the bunch when you keep 80% of teams as temp employees for years. Pay more attention to internal infrastructure and growing the groups who support the increasing business so you don't work people to death.