Dog-eat-dog culture.

Former Employee - Former Employee  in  Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Former Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was a former employee at Plateau when we were bought by SuccessFactors. SuccessFactors is a large company with good benefits. The company seems to be very successful and the people I worked with were mostly great, but most of them were former Plateau employees. As Plateau was a good company witha lot of smart, great people, SuccessFactors benefitted by buying Plateau from a personnel standpoint.

Cons

As I was a Plateau employee, when we were bought by SuccessFactors, the culture of the company changed almost immediately. The unspoken motto of this company seems to be "throw someone under the bus before they have a chance to throw you." Lots of arrogance, fingerpointing, desperation with little accountability. During our first meeting with our new parent company, the management/execs there from SuccessFactors seemed to be excited about the company but none of it seemed genuine. It was even a little cultish. Also, they have this liberal leave policy where you don't have a set number of Paid Time Off hours. Instead, you ask your supervisor if you can take time off and then you have to make sure your job is being done while you're on vacation, even if that means doing your job on vacation. They try to sell it as this wonderful benefit but, in truth, they just don't want to pay out accrued vacation time to employees who resign.

Be real with employees. Be accountable. Allow employees to have personal lives without expecting them to sacrifice everything to the god of SuccessFactors.

Other Reviews for SuccessFactors

Exciting culture with great benefits

Current Employee - Platinum Support Account Manager
    Current Employee - Platinum Support Account Manager

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Career opportunities are plentiful and the work is exciting. Their management team is very inclusive and supportive. The compensation and benefits packages are very rewarding. Many positions are virtual opportunities and work remotely from home.

Cons

Due to the start-up culture that has driven SF to excellence, all employees pull more than their full share of the workload. Long hours, day and night...this combined with customer demand really kill the work/life balance.

Great people, but a company like any other...

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful applications that can really add value to an organization. SAP is fully on board and investing in SuccessFactors. Great people to work with in virtually every part of the organization, the way the Solutions Consultants support each other is unparalleled. A market leader in every aspect. Lars!

Cons

Don't really practice what they preach. Like every other company out there, there is a lot of CYA. Still runs like a start up, but in the wrong areas. On boarding is challenging, but getting better.

Take inventory, use your own applications and find your top performers and reward them appropriately. Practice the values that are written on the walls of the office in every way.

There are newer employer reviews for SuccessFactors.

Worked for SuccessFactors? Contribute to the Community!