Dynamic Environment = Lots of problems

Current Employee - Professional Services Manager in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Professional Services Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from home opportunities, autonomy

Cons

Inter-departmental issues. NO ONE takes ownership and PS is left holding the bag. Upper management knows there are issues but ignores them - weak executive management doesn't address the key frustration with why people hate it here. Lack of accountability and ownership among departments; no one is focused on working together to fix issues.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to death by 1000 papercuts - that's causing your smart employees to burn out. Don't let people get away with ignoring issues until they are escalated to the CEO.

Other Employee Reviews for SuccessFactors

Exciting ride!

Pros

Great compensation that is extremely competitive in the software industry. The people here are passionate and love to win, it really seems like everyone, from legal, finance, and even internal HR, is behind sales. The overall culture is exciting.

Cons

They are working hard to ensure customer service is at the same level as the technology, but it can be problematic for an employee to seek answers on behalf of clients.

Advice to Management

Arm the field sales with the abilities to assist existing clients beyond just saying "create a case"

Dog-eat-dog culture.

Former Employee - Former Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a former employee at Plateau when we were bought by SuccessFactors. SuccessFactors is a large company with good benefits. The company seems to be very successful and the people I worked with were mostly great, but most of them were former Plateau employees. As Plateau was a good company witha lot of smart, great people, SuccessFactors benefitted by buying Plateau from a personnel standpoint.

Cons

As I was a Plateau employee, when we were bought by SuccessFactors, the culture of the company changed almost immediately. The unspoken motto of this company seems to be "throw someone under the bus before they have a chance to throw you." Lots of arrogance, fingerpointing, desperation with little accountability. During our first meeting with our new parent company, the management/execs there from SuccessFactors seemed to be excited about the company but none of it seemed genuine. It was even a little cultish. Also, they have this liberal leave policy where you don't have a set number of Paid Time Off hours. Instead, you ask your supervisor if you can take time off and then you have to make sure your job is being done while you're on vacation, even if that means doing your job on vacation. They try to sell it as this wonderful benefit but, in truth, they just don't want to pay out accrued vacation time to employees who resign.

Advice to Management

Be real with employees. Be accountable. Allow employees to have personal lives without expecting them to sacrifice everything to the god of SuccessFactors.