SuccessFactors
www.successfactors.com South San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

From order to chaos and more chaos...and more chaos

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Compensation
- Benefits
- Emphasis on helping in the community, helping the needy
- Great manager

Cons- Ultimate propaganda machine: Used to think it was funny/quirky…now it’s ridiculous. Signs everywhere insulting everyone’s intelligence. “No A**holes”, “If you don’t like it here, quit”, “Don’t leave our wounded behind”, “Transparency”, “Drink the Champaign”.
- Hypocrite culture: Since the acquisition by SAP, just getting worse.
- Bureaucratic/political dump with a new process, new approval process, new Director of Blah, new Sr VP of Blah every day of the week. How the hell does anyone get anything done here? Call it SAP-ification I guess.
- Exec management: No clue of what’s really happening in the trenches, nor do they care to get dirty in order to find out, nor do they hold themselves accountable to fix even though they get called out in Town Hall Meetings.
- Company is still overly sales heavy/focused. It was ok 4 yrs ago, not anymore.
- Understaffed in all Sales Support/Client Support departments even though every year there are plans to grow Sales team by 100%+. There is never a sensible growth ratio for other departments to support the growth of the Sales organization. This means every department is crushed by the huge volume of deals by the growing sales org, and equally, if not more destroyed by the increasing volume of client complaints/dissatisfaction. What does this mean? Overworked/demoralized workforce, and a pissed off client base.
- Why are clients still buying and/or renewing? No better full suite solution on the market, it’s a ton of time, money, work, resources to change vendors, Sales reps at the Enterprise level are the best in the market….overpromise/under deliver and they’re damned good at it.
- Volume and rapid pace of ever-changing internal processes makes it painful for employees and customers.
- Incredibly decreased collaboration/communication across departments = nothing gets done in a timely manner.
- Resignations of great long-tenured people are leaving at an alarming rate, probably due to all of the above.
- There must be at least 30 different applications that an employee needs, each with a different login and password, some extremely complex to use, another productivity drain. Need to consolidate.

Advice to Senior Management- Organize a team of Six Sigma Blackbelts, Seals 6 team or organizational process expert team, or whatever you want to call it….include employees from every department that know what the hell is going on, to fix/optimize/streamline/simplify the 1,000 broken/disjointed processes between just about every department in the company.
- For once in the company’s history, fix Customer Support. Really, I mean fix it. It’s been talked about for years, it’s been promised by multiple leaders for years, and all you can come up with is masking the problem with different naming conventions to make the client feel like they’re getting a better deal, when they’re still getting a support rep who can hardly speak English, or a support ticket for a simple fix will still get bounced around for 2 weeks/months instead of 2 days? Company is too mature with too many big name clients to continue messing around with a weak excuse for customer support. Again, reel back on hiring quota carriers, get Customer Support fixed, get customers happy, not pissed, they will become our partners and references for even more big name clients, it will hurt initially, but it will pay off over a few years, but for god sake fix Customer Support. Did I mention, fix Customer Support?
- Pay attention to and utilize the company tenants: Promote executive mgmt. from within to those that have the talent, have continually performed, excelled and understand the dynamics of the company.
- Stop hiring executive mgmt. from outside, they have no clue, they don’t take the time to really learn how complex the company and offering really is and they only continue to make it much messier than it needs to be. They think they have the answers, they don’t. They tend to have a flavor of the day idea almost every day, each one having tremendous negative impact on the business.
- Get rid of the signs, it’s not cool, it’s not motivating or inspiring, it’s not fun, actually it’s embarrassing. Hang up some art, splash paint on the walls, get rid of the signs.

Great Company with solid benefits

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible working conditions, my manager is very helpful and receptive to issues I… Cons: Lots of different systems to log into (Okta is resolving some of this). Not all processes are… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to develop the individuals on your teams. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

They say "no a%#holes" but they reward them anyway

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time for more than a year

Pros: Stock price was going in the right direction until being… Cons: Disfunctional culture of fear and uncertainty promoted by CEO and… Advice to Senior Management: Good thing you sold it to SAP. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SuccessFactors.

Worked for SuccessFactors? Contribute to the Community!

SuccessFactors – Why Work for Us?

Our Values • No jerks, respect the individual. • The customer must win. • Kaizen! Continuous improvement. • Take risks, make mistakes, learn. • Meritocracy and pay for performance. • We support each other. • Do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SuccessFactors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SuccessFactors CEO Shawn Price. All reviews posted anonymously by SuccessFactors employees.