SuccessFactors

www.successfactors.com
There are newer employer reviews for SuccessFactors

The most negative politically charged job in my career. Management too busy in sel-indulgences.

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Talented field level personnel. Good money.

Cons

Politics; gamesmanship; inexperienced mid level managers. Dysfunctional relationships. Self promotion at its best!

Spend several years in leadership development and learn integrity.

236 Other Employee Reviews for SuccessFactors (View Most Recent)

Delusional Management

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time

Pros

Nice colleagues, slightly above average pay, commuter benefits, free food, office location, being part of SAP gives company access to lot of resources.

Cons

This company drinks its own Kool-Aid. Instead of digging out deficiencies & working on solving them, the management across the company spends more time building powerpoint slides to show why SuccessFactors is the best cloud company in the world. I think they come up with these metrics to secure their bonuses for the year. The reality is that Successfactors is nowhere close to being the best cloud player and it will take quite a bit to get there. In the long run this will be a more serious issue.

Raise management standards and don't turn a blind eye or reward poor management. Pay should be based on performance.

Overall a positive experience with the best in the industry

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was lucky to work in a small team that was shielded from any of the corporate nonsense, and we had strong processes in place that reduced major headaches coming in from sales. It was pretty motivating to work for a company that was growing at a good pace, and had a 'conquer the world' mentality. Being acquired by SAP showed that we were working on an important piece of enterprise software. The unlimited vacation policy gives you flexibility and a sense of responsibility, and the salary and benefits were great.

Cons

I've heard different experience from people in other departments, overworked and underappreciated type of things. The pace of growth also undermined common sense sometimes, and sales individuals would pursue anything that landed in their lap. The culture also teetered on the brink of 'ra ra let's drink the kool-aid' at times, especially during company gatherings.

Be honest with the employees, maintain composure (ie don't cry during video conferences), maintain your own objective reality (don't be afraid to question what everyone else is doing), keep the software up to date, and don't forget about the original customers who made the company what it is.

There are newer employer reviews for SuccessFactors